Good closed cans under $50 -- sr850 vs rx700/900 vs ATH m30
May 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

qzyxya

New Head-Fier
Tried my friend's Allen & Heath Xone XD53 dj headphones and realized how much better music sounded and now I'm set on buying some new ones.

I was looking at the audio technica M30, Samson SR850 and the Jvc rx700 and rx900 mainly. Also thinking about the M40fs and possibly the m50
I'll be using mainly my lmacbook and desktop + my ipod. Should I purchase a (high quality) soundcard or amp for these headphones? 

My music taste
So basically, I listen to a lot of electronic (pretty lights, gramatik, glitch mob, deadmau5), some chillstep, along with some pink floyd, beatles, doors, led zepplin, jimmi hendrix, funkadelic, etc. Also do a little rap (biggie, tupac, ratatat, gang starr). I will mostly use these for just enjoying music, but I will do some gaming (competitive teamfortress 2; counter strike) which would benefit from a larger soundstage. I really liked how his XD53 really immersed me in the music.

I listened to a couple of songs on them including:

Pink floyd - dark side of the moon (first few tracks in the album)
Pretty Lights - Finally Moving
Pretty Lights - Around the block

This song especially sounded good on his XD-53 headphones. The song just came alive on my ears. Now that I go back to my xb300 things just sound muffled and boring.

May 19, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 16
So what should I get? I'm open to any other ideas. These were just the ones that appealed most to me from a little research.

Someone said other, which other one should I get?

May 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 16
Seriously? Hasn't anybody used any of these headphones? I'm leaning towards the ath m30/m35 and m40fs because they don't look as god awful as the others. But if the sound makes up for it I might

May 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:
Is this just a really stupid question? Or what?

people are probably just more interested in expensive ones.. under $50 is pretty cheap for headphones i think?, and there's a thread about recommending headphones.
i know very little about headphones so i can't help sorry, although i can't imagine that much difference between under 50 dollar ones.

maybe these, Monoprice 8323

this guy seems to know what he's talking about, and he recommends them as a very cheap option.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-full-size-sealed

but the audio-technica you mentioned looks good to me, i have 2 audio-technica (not that specific one) and i like them both.

sorry i can't help more haha, maybe ask in the other main thread. *shrug*.
(but again i don't really know much of anything about this stuff so don't listen to me hah)

May 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #12 of 16
Reasons your thread won't be answered
1)extremely low budget
2)already countless threads asking the same or similar question
3)you bumped yourself 9 times in 3 days
4) there is a thread already existing for those that don't want to look up reviews to have others spoonfeed them recommendations.

May 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Reasons your thread won't be answered
1)extremely low budget
2)already countless threads asking the same or similar question
3)you bumped yourself 9 times in 3 days
4) there is a thread already existing for those that don't want to look up reviews to have others spoonfeed them recommendations.

Sorry I'm a total noob on this site haha. But there's already threads on similar questions? Mind linking some> Again sorry lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back