Good, cheap digital coax cable?
Nov 18, 2008 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jsplice

500+ Head-Fier
I just purchased a Yulong DAH1 Mark DAC and realized that I now need a good digital coax cable (even more $$$...sigh.....). Can someone recommend a good digital coax cable that isn't going to set me back TOO much?

Thanks

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks, thats' a good suggestion. I actually have some HDMI cables from there. I've heard that the Blue Jeans cables are good too. I was thinking of ordering one of those. A 4 foot digital coax from them goes for about $17 plus shipping....not bad at all.

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 12
Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards Blue Jeans. The Yulong DAH1 probably won't be here for a week, so I have to wait for it to arrive. I'm going to order a cable from Blue Jeans tonight.

Have you guys really noticed any difference in sound quality among different brands of coax?

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you guys really noticed any difference in sound quality among different brands of coax?

Yes, but it depends on the gear involved. I've had Bluejeans type Belden coax before and preferred Stereovox or ART U-Byte for more focus to the sound and better bass.

You might also want to look at DH Labs D-75 and Supra Trico as midpriced options.

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsplice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just purchased a Yulong DAH1 Mark DAC and realized that I now need a good digital coax cable (even more $$$...sigh.....). Can someone recommend a good digital coax cable that isn't going to set me back TOO much?

Thanks

rg6. its what spdif was DESIGNED FOR.

you need no more fanciness than that, I assure you. 75ohm cable. PERIOD.

enjoy
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #12 of 12
My Blue Jeans cable is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. Not sure about the dac though. I ordered the Yulong from Wang on ebay, and it was shipped via some "EMS" company.....who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back