Good bass heavy sub $100 closed
Jan 1, 2002 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

kpxgq

New Head-Fier
preferred music is electonic/techno, thus the bass-heavy request...

i notice that most people here are into classical/jazz... but different music types require different types of headphones..

o yeah non-full size (ie... not sony 7506 or senn 570) is preferred along with closed design (ie.. not grado sr60 or senn 490)

any suggestions?

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
Why not 7506? That's a midsized phone...

just a personal preference thing.... more akin to the size shape of sony mdr cd3000/700dj, superaural senns, etc

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 24
No, not earbuds, canalphones, but boy do they sure blow a lot of things away! Probably not suited for electronic/your music though.

And you think the ER-6 is the most expensive earbud, check out the ER-4
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 24
Maybe Beyer 770s?

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 24
Dude, do you even *know* how big the MDR-V6's are?? Okay, with the standard pads, they are supraural--over the ears, but with the pads from Beyerdynamic, They're Circumaural!! They can be ANY size you want, baby!!

That sounded soooo dirty...

Anyways, if you want gigantic, you can take "Good" out of the equation, and replace it with "Mediocre", and make the "Closed" to mean "They are technically closed, but they don't block out much sound", and get the Koss UR-20 or UR-30... or even the R100, I think....

Jan 1, 2002 at 7:05 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by kpxgq
o yeah non-full size is preferred along with closed design

any suggestions?

I can't think of any; ALL of the smaller closed headphones (other than "canalphones") either have NO bass whatsoever or are so bass heavy that the midrange and treble get completely SCREWED UP!!
mad.gif
And even with such bass heaviness, ALL of that energy is in the mid-bass region, with NO low bass extension worth bragging about!

Jan 1, 2002 at 11:31 AM Post #13 of 24
Actually, the headphones you've described, kpxgq, are the Koss UR20 or UR30. They aren't really "mediocre" -- they're actually quite good for your tastes (electronic/techno and bass heavy). And they're $30-$35, so a bargain. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone listening to classical or jazz, but for what you've described, they should fit the bill nicely.

Jan 1, 2002 at 2:27 PM Post #14 of 24
Um, non full-sized closed cans sounds like an oxymoron to me.
rolleyes.gif
Anyone with me on this?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 1, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #15 of 24
I would reconsider your rejection of the Sony MDR-V6/7506. They have the best bass in a closed can in this price range. As was mentioned earlier, there are pads available to make them most any size you want. They are quite durable as well. (I would reject Sony's MDR-V600- despite being a bit more expensive, every pair I've listened to is clearly inferior to the aforementioned V6).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back