Good bands that people have forgotten about.
Apr 12, 2003 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 131

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
I've got a few that I'm sure a lot of people have not even heard of.

Uriah Heep-A kind of cheesy progressive rock band from the 70's. But still good.

Gentle Giant-70s progressive rock band.

Kansas-Yet another progressive rock band from the 70s.

Atomic Rooster-70s metal band.

Anyone else....

Apr 12, 2003 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 131
Hmmm.

Better than Ezra and Blessid Union of Souls come to mind. So does Big Bad Voodoo Daddy but I never really left swing.

Yeah, I'm kicking it way back to the 90s. What do you want, I was 7 years old for most of 1989.

Apr 12, 2003 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 131
Oh, and whose never heard of Kansas?

Apr 12, 2003 at 7:16 PM Post #6 of 131
hawkwind - awesome answer!

you won't find many or should I say any fans of that band on this site unless they've joined in the last six months or so. once I posted a simple thread saying "any hawkwind fans here" and I don't think I got one response!

edit - I just did a search for that thread and there it was - only 22 views and no responses - wow!

Apr 12, 2003 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 131
Little Feat
Rush

I'm sure that there are more...
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2003 at 8:15 PM Post #8 of 131
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
Hmmm.

Better than Ezra and Blessid Union of Souls come to mind. So does Big Bad Voodoo Daddy but I never really left swing.

Yeah, I'm kicking it way back to the 90s. What do you want, I was 7 years old for most of 1989.

BTE!!! YES! friction, baby is definitely a great pop/rock album, beyond me why more people are not into BTE, i've seen them several times in concert, they always put on a good show.

Apr 12, 2003 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 131
Gin Blossoms...

Apr 13, 2003 at 12:42 AM Post #10 of 131
Good to hear someone still with me on the Better than Ezra. Anyone remember Candlebox? Another way back machine ride to the 90s for me.

I need to listen to more Little Feat. Good stuff what little I've heard.

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:21 AM Post #11 of 131
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
Good to hear someone still with me on the Better than Ezra. Anyone remember Candlebox? Another way back machine ride to the 90s for me.

I need to listen to more Little Feat. Good stuff what little I've heard.

Oh hell yeah, i worked in a music department and i got into BTE thanks to the coworkers who would play friction, baby everyday, it's a great album, i saw BTE the first time at this crummy club in Manhattan called "Tramps." Best thing was that me and a few friends arrived early enough and got to stand in the front row, the opening band for that night was Athenaeum, which blew us all away, everyone was yelling, "how do you spell that!!!"

biggrin.gif

Next day we went to work and started looking for a copy to rip open and play
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 131
We're listening to Television - Marquee Moon, which seems appropriate for this thread.

I listen to Moody Blues and Little Feat with some frequency, and was listening to Rush earlier this week.

I'm so out of touch

Apr 13, 2003 at 2:17 AM Post #13 of 131
13th Floor Elevators Probably one of the most influential of all the '60s psychedelic bands.

Apr 13, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #14 of 131
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
13th Floor Elevators Probably one of the most influential of all the '60s psychedelic bands.

My brother is really into these guys. I'll have to check them out. Thanks Hirsch.

Apr 13, 2003 at 5:58 AM Post #15 of 131
Umm... probably unknown here, but the Beatles come to mind. A small english band from the 60's...

Matthew, I was just introduced to Uriah Heep this past week, and I must say, I am rather impressed. The same with Gentle Giant, although they are a little weird for me.

How bout these for forgotten bands/artists?

The Nice (70s prog rock)
Van Morrison (not really forgotten, but rarely discussed)
Smashing Pumpkins
Silverchair
Ten Years After
John Mayall (his solo stuff)
Jethro Tull
IQ
James Taylor
Deep Purple
Beach Boys (Pet Sounds-era)

I know that's a pretty eclectic group, but I'm looking through my album list and am seeing a bunch of names that have not been mentioned on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back