Good amp under $300 to power MrSpeakers Mad Dogs
Jun 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

khrsid

New Head-Fier
Welp, straight to the chase.  I am currently using an ODAC w/ Fiio E11 to supply my cans with music.  However, I am noticing that the E11 is the weak point in my setup, and have some playing around money.  I am a little flexible with my price, and can go a bit over $300 if need be.

Suggestions?

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Bump and how well will the garage1217 amps synergize with the Mad Dogs?
They look good from what i can tell

I think the best of all garage1217 amps for the Mad Dogs (it's a 50 Ohms Fostex T50rp) must be the Project Sunrise II because it's pure Class A and have a great Bass slam (very powerfull amp), wide and deep soundstage and no added harshness, but it's better (dead silent background) with a 12V Tube like ECC82/12AU7 or ECC81/12AT7, in this configuration i think the Project Sunrise II is a great match for the Mad dogs, if you're more interested in tube rolling you'll prefer the Project Ember because it's more convenient (plug'the'tube and it will play) but it's slightly more expensive.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 6
Asgard 2.  It will drive almost anything on the planet and it will sound great in the process.  No, I'm not exaggerating.  It's that good.

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 6
Second the project Sunrise II. I have a set of fostex t50rps (I diyd modding them. Didn't want to spend the money on the maddogs and am totally happy with the end result) and it drives them with ease and the synergy is quite nice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back