Good amp to drive HD 600's?
Nov 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MetaLicca

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's, and I need an amp to drive them, as I don't yet have one. Which amp/amps would be good to drive these headphones? Preferably in the $200-250 range. Thanks!

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hey guys, I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's, and I need an amp to drive them, as I don't yet have one. Which amp/amps would be good to drive these headphones? Preferably in the $200-250 range. Thanks!

I am using a bottlehead crack and a diy CK2III and am extremely happy. At one time, the matrix amp sounded interesting based on the reviews and it does have a strong following. The Little dot MK3 is also a great amp for the HD600. If you listen to rock and guitar shredding, the matrix amp (used) should satisfy your listening happiness. I use the CK2III solid state for rock and the tube crack for jazz. Hope this helps.

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 4
i bought a HD600 today too! 
Going to upgrade the cables to CARDAS soon but first off is a Tube amp! 
Still deciding to go portable tubes or just a stationary one though but the size of HD600 is not very "work" friendly so most probably looking at a stationary amp. 
So instead of starting a new thread, anyone got any recommendations at say around 300~400USD? (though i work in hong kong dollars and will be buying it in HK locally) 
oh and my SE-300 sound card actually drives it quite well but its still a soundcard and my GoVibe Magnum drives it fine too but I want tubes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back