good all around headphones
Sep 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pooder

New Head-Fier
is there such thing as a pair of headphones that will be good for gaming, music, movies? i listen to a lot of bassy music but i can sacrifice some bass as long as i can still feel it. have a budget of 150 but will be willing to go up to 230 if they do all these things well.

priority:
gaming
music
movies

need:
soundstage
enough bass for immersion into games/movies (not a lot, just enough)
good when paired with dolby headphone
very clear sound
positioning
ability to let me hear every instrument

i don't think that a pair exists but if you guys have heard a pair that do all these things well go ahead and recommend. :)

Sep 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 9
MDR-7509HD

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
hmm interesting! i have never seen these before. I do like the look! what is your experience with these? so these would be good paired with dolby headphone for gaming?

Heya,

They are wonderful for gaming and movies. I recently did a review of the AD700's with the FA-011's around, and it was just silly to use anything less than the FA-011 in that price tier. $118 (+$20 shipping from Russia). Anyone wanting less bass for FPS foot-step-competitive-listening can simply eq the bass down. Otherwise, it will handle bassy music, movies and normal gaming where you do want bass great. And again, they look wonderful and are comfortable. Another fun tid bit, they re-sell easily, so if for any reason you didn't like them, even if it's a year later, they'll sell in like 24 hours in the for-sale section.

Very best,

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Heya,

They are wonderful for gaming and movies. I recently did a review of the AD700's with the FA-011's around, and it was just silly to use anything less than the FA-011 in that price tier. $118 (+$20 shipping from Russia). Anyone wanting less bass for FPS foot-step-competitive-listening can simply eq the bass down. Otherwise, it will handle bassy music, movies and normal gaming where you do want bass great. And again, they look wonderful and are comfortable. Another fun tid bit, they re-sell easily, so if for any reason you didn't like them, even if it's a year later, they'll sell in like 24 hours in the for-sale section.

Very best,

http://www.head-fi.org/t/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end

this person says the same! he also mentioned there was a mic option, but i don't see one. :frowning2:

i feel like i found a hidden gem thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back