Good 9cheap) In-Ear phones for use with Karma?
Jan 28, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pineapples10
There was little bass....

eek.gif

if you think the ex51/71 have little bass, i dont think you'll be satisfied with the recommended canalphones.

Jan 28, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
eek.gif

if you think the ex51/71 have little bass, i dont think you'll be satisfied with the recommended canalphones.

x2...

the sony Ex## is bassier than the e2c IMHO.

Jan 29, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

eek.gif

Really? Maybe I wasn't getting a good seal? Ill give them another go, but they sounded fairly 'thin'.

Jan 29, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Really? Maybe I wasn't getting a good seal? Ill give them another go, but they sounded fairly 'thin'.

yes you probably didnt get a good seal. you need to push them in a little bit. make sure the sleeves on it fits you.

Jan 29, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

yes you probably didnt get a good seal. you need to push them in a little bit. make sure the sleeves on it fits you.

My Dad is fat and lost all the tips except the ones he uses, so I only have his to try
frown.gif
How are the Sharp MD33's with bass? Are they a fairly 'lively' phone?

Jan 29, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #21 of 30
Trust me you did not have a good seal because the sony's have plenty of bass, more than the Shure E2Cs for sure. I love moy shures though
biggrin.gif
. Although I was alittle bit disappointed in them at first, but they sound pretty good now. much more detailed than the sonys. Can't speak on the sharp MD33s though

Jan 29, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

My Dad is fat and lost all the tips except the ones he uses, so I only have his to try
frown.gif
How are the Sharp MD33's with bass? Are they a fairly 'lively' phone?

haha that is funny. but what does your dad being fat have to do with loosing the tips?

did he eat them?
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #23 of 30
$99 gets you the Future Sonics EM3. I have both the Sharp md33 and the Etymotic ER4S (+amp). The EM3 easily beats the sharps and, for me, the etys too. They achieve great dynamics - adrenaline inducing bass - plus clarity and excellent isolation, and they're comfortable and non-fatiguing. They also may be the ugliest things you'll ever stick in your ears. Don't know if they're more than you want to pay, but they represent a great bargain, though for some reason they're not discussed much here.

Jan 29, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

haha that is funny. but what does your dad being fat have to do with loosing the tips?

did he eat them?
tongue.gif

Its just that fat people statistically do more stupid things on a day to day basis. (Kidding)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cresny
$99 gets you the Future Sonics EM3. I have both the Sharp md33 and the Etymotic ER4S (+amp). The EM3 easily beats the sharps and, for me, the etys too. They achieve great dynamics - adrenaline inducing bass - plus clarity and excellent isolation, and they're comfortable and non-fatiguing. They also may be the ugliest things you'll ever stick in your ears. Don't know if they're more than you want to pay, but they represent a great bargain, though for some reason they're not discussed much here.

People dont talk about them because it looks like you are shoving an aborted fetus into your ear. Also, people dont like to talk about bargains here, hehe. I'll give these consideration too, so long I can get them for around $100.

Do the etymotic line of phones (specifically ER6i) produce a better seal than the Sony EX51's? ALso What are the most comfortable in-ear buds? And if I am going to be moving around a lot, which ones have the least 'microphonic cables', and which ones stay in the best? I should probably stop asking questions before one of you tramples my house with a shapeshifting bulldozer. Thanks again everyone for your opinions, purchasing a headphone is like climbing a mountain made of chcolate, you want to get to the top, but you also want to eat the chocolate, you know what I mean?

Jan 29, 2005 at 5:26 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

People dont talk about them because it looks like you are shoving an aborted fetus into your ear.

biggrin.gif
yeah, i just caught a glimpse in the mirror. I'll just be pc and say they look like "ear tumors".

Too bad, because thier isolation and lack of microphonics make them a killer portable. I think I'll look into a mod for these - if just to keep away the paramedics! - and i'll post pics when i do.

Jan 29, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by cresny
biggrin.gif
yeah, i just caught a glimpse in the mirror. I'll just be pc and say they look like "ear tumors".

Too bad, because thier isolation and lack of microphonics make them a killer portable. I think I'll look into a mod for these - if just to keep away the paramedics! - and i'll post pics when i do.

I'd like to see pictures, I'm interested in these as well. While I dont think they're attractive, I dont think theyre Quite as ugly as everyone says. Painting them black would improve their looks dramatically, and doesn't sound that hard. Care to be the guinea pig?

I have the ex71s and the e2cs, and while the e2c's dont have as much bass as the 71s, the bass is much crisper. A whole different end of the spectrum is emphasized with them. When I switch between the two, the e2c's have much much more midrange while the 71s are very bassy. I've found the source matters a lot, too. With the zen micro, I found the e2c's to be alright, but not that powerful on the high or low end. With the iriver 390t, the e2c's sound 10x better than the ex71s.

Jan 29, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Painting them black would improve their looks dramatically, and doesn't sound that hard. Care to be the guinea pig?

yeah, but then black might look like two huge moles. I'm thinking something metalic, like ball bearings. But i'll be a week or two before I do this 'cause I just moved.

btw, I use these with an IPod 4G.

Jan 30, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Do the etymotic line of phones (specifically ER6i) produce a better seal than the Sony EX51's? ALso What are the most comfortable in-ear buds? And if I am going to be moving around a lot, which ones have the least 'microphonic cables', and which ones stay in the best? I should probably stop asking questions before one of you tramples my house with a shapeshifting bulldozer. Thanks again everyone for your opinions, purchasing a headphone is like climbing a mountain made of chcolate, you want to get to the top, but you also want to eat the chocolate, you know what I mean?

I can't answer most of these questions, but I will say that my e2cs have cables that are very durable, and not very microphonic at all. It's great, I can't hear my hand going up and down them at all, even with music off. The e2c is not very comfortable... I mean it's alright, but with the ex71 mod ("brohken mod") they sound and feel much better.

As for staying in, I doubt you'll have a problem with any of them.

Jan 30, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #30 of 30
Hey now, the future sonics EM3 are pretty much theft-proof. No one would steal a hearing aid.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back