Good 6.3 mm snap-on adapter?
Jan 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nishan

Head-Fier
(This might be overkill research/nit picking as the item is a simple one, but I just want to be sure for peace of mind.)

I am getting my pair of Beyer DT 770 Pro modified to have a detachable cable; it will be terminated with a Switchcraft 3.5mm plug (nickel plated).
As I am no longer able to use the factory (original) screw-on 6.3mm adapter plug, I am going to need a snap-on 6.3mm (1/4 inch) adapter when using my home amplifier.

Are there any that are better than others? I would prefer a silver plated or a gold plated one - looks really doesn't matter, but if it looks good, then i'd consider it a bonus.

If you guys were to buy one, where would you get it? Any special places? links would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 3
  (This might be overkill research/nit picking as the item is a simple one, but I just want to be sure for peace of mind.)
I am getting my pair of Beyer DT 770 Pro modified to have a detachable cable; it will be terminated with a Switchcraft 3.5mm plug (nickel plated).
As I am no longer able to use the factory (original) screw-on 6.3mm adapter plug, I am going to need a snap-on 6.3mm (1/4 inch) adapter when using my home amplifier.
Are there any that are better than others? I would prefer a silver plated or a gold plated one - looks really doesn't matter, but if it looks good, then i'd consider it a bonus.
If you guys were to buy one, where would you get it? Any special places? links would be much appreciated...
Thanks in advance.

That adapter is so simple, I doubt there is a noticeable difference between them.

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks - that's what I thought too, but just wanted to make sure...
So now that I know functionality is the same with all of them, I guess I can be a stickler for the looks...

Any out there that looks especially nice? I am looking for a silver barrel with a gold plug end...(Like the adapter that comes with ATH M50s)
Guess I will hit the www and see if there are any that look like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back