Good $200 Headphones with no sound leaking?
Aug 13, 2011 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nOoneNL

Head-Fier
Well hello there,

I'm in the market for some good cans with very little to NO sound leaking, since I will be using them on the bus, train and at school.
I currently using in-ear NuForce NE6, but I'm really bothered by the lack of a great soundstage.

My home equipment contains a Beyer DT 880 and a Sennheiser HD 595 which I am powering with a Little Dot MK III.
I love the Beyer for the wide soundstage, but sometimes it's just a bit too bright.
The HD 595 is just too **** blurry and lacks clarity.

So what I'm looking for is a headphone with a touch of warm sound (but not as much as the Sennheiser) and a nice soundstage.
My budget is about $ 200. I will be using them in combination with my discman.
I've always got my messenger bag with me, so they don't need to be small and portable.

I am aware that all good cans become great cans when used with an amp, so I will buy me a portable amp in the future.
It would be nice if the headphones sound good without them aswell.

I've read some stuff around the forum and found some options; Audio Technica A500, Beyer dt 770 or DT250.
Do any of these fit my liking or are there better options?

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 2
Whoops, I think I posted this in the wrong forum section 
frown.gif
 although I will be using them for portable use I am looking for full-size headphones...

Can (and should) this thread be moved or should I just post a new one in the Full Size forum??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back