good 2.0 pc speakers
Mar 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #35 of 60
  how do they compare spec wise to the ruark, I know the ruark get 5 stars in what hifi

I can't answer that past the obvious, sorry. It's best you look into them yourself. They're very small, DSP driven with a good amount of bass for the size. They're intended for monitoring with their linear response, but that shouldn't make them unusable for HiFi purposes.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #36 of 60
  They're intended for monitoring with their linear response, but that shouldn't make them unusable for HiFi purposes.

If the response is linear then that's High Fidelity, ie, "true" - in this case, true to the sound, in the same way that when I slip a ring through someone's finger I promise to be true to her or else I'll face an expensive divorce for infidelity. 

Technically though it's just "true enough," since no transducer can have a totally flat response from 20hz to 10000hz, much less all the way to 20000hz.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #38 of 60
  thanks they'll fit perfect where I plan on putting them, I think Ill get them, what's the best way to connect them to my pc

A Y 2xRCA to 1/8" stereo jack cable that connects to your computer's audio output. With the iLoud it comes included, it looks like this:

You can also use a regular 1/8" to 1/8" male stereo. Or BlueTooth if you really want to or need to.

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #45 of 60
  i can't find 1 cheaper than £27, whereas I can get a cable for about £8

Well it has active components in it and that circuit board has to have them soldered onto it. Cable looks cheap now, but after a while they'll break, sometimes just due to the copper inside getting cut because you have them at an angle. It's not like you'd be listening to lossless files through the most revealing amps and speakers for Apt-X to be a problem, not to mention you did say you lack space and the PC will be quite some distance from where your desk is.
  just found this would it work https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J14SOMG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A296JJ7EW4ORVE

Probably, but it comes with a USB cable labelled only as "charging cable." That might mean it doesn't take digital input via USB, which means you'll have to plug this into the analogue output of the soundcard or motherboard. 

If the speakers you'll get have Apt-X built it you can use this on the PC USB port (I linked something like it a few posts ago):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Certified-Cinolink-Adapter-Windows/dp/B012EVAME6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488724709&sr=8-2&keywords=aptx+dongle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back