good 2.0 pc speakers
Mar 2, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #17 of 60
  when I say usb dongle I mean for my pc

Just get whatever dongle you can get as long as it says "Apt X capable."

unfortunately the speakers are too tall

unfortunately yes

Oh you didn't clearly answer him when he first asked what space you had to work with (just that you had space under the monitor), so I was working off the assumption that you might still have space otherwise. 

You can just get a soundbar, just know that it won't have the same sense of imaging as when you have two separate speakers placed farther apart.

If you can position a sub elsewhere though Creative has this:
https://www.amazon.com/BlasterX-Multi-channel-Bluetooth-Wireless-Soundbar/dp/B01M5G07KF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488478997&sr=8-1&keywords=Creative+Sound+bar

Otherwise it's kind of difficult looking for a soundbar that will work. Many of the better ones seem to be taller owing to the larger drivers and take SPDIF digital inputs.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #22 of 60
How wide is the space? 18cm tall is pretty good--just a hair over 7". If the space is wide enough, you could simply turn some speakers on their sides.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #24 of 60
That requires a very small footprint due to the legs of the monitor. I'll look around a bit. This isn't an ideal space for studio monitors.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #25 of 60
  it's meant to sound good according to reviews, I'd prefer speakers over a soundbar, is it ok to place speakers behind the monitor if slightly to tall to underneath

Well you don't go to a concert with a solid wall between the audience and the speakers, although that can tame the high frequencies. That could have the low freqs bouncing around back there between the monitor and the wall though, and you get bloated or at least imprecise bass.

how about http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/tibo/plus-2/tibo-plus-2, i can fit 21cm if I place them in front of the monitor 

Link isn't loading. Haven't tried it but again I'd much rather gamble on two separate speakers than a soundbar.

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #29 of 60

Tiny midwoofers forced to do more bass than they can through port tuning. Your thump-thump-thump easily turns into thwuuuuummmmwuuuuuubbbbwwuwuuuubbb on these. On top of that, they cost a fair bit more.

I'd be more inclined to use headphones than those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back