Good 2.0/2.1 powered computer speakers (Audioengine, Razer, etc.)
Apr 2, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by deviate2112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up some KRK Rokit 6 limited edition Yellow(my avatar) from my local Guitar Center..they had them disco'd and I picked them up for a steal $299 for the par if you don't mind the color..the salesman said they couldn't sell them do to the Yellow....tons of input options..my friend and I did some critical listening the other day..and we were quite impressed. Just a Ipod docking station to a Melos sha-1 tube pre-amp..I very happy!

Yes. The KRK are great monitors. They are clearly better than the A5s and have more low end. For $300? That is a good deal. They usually go for that for each speaker lol.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #18 of 59
I have the Audioengine A2s and I'm happy with them. I would've got the A5's but they wouldn't fit (too large) for my needs. The build quality is pretty good. Much better than your plasitic PC speakers.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewZander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Audioengine A2s and I'm happy with them. I would've got the A5's but they wouldn't fit (too large) for my needs. The build quality is pretty good. Much better than your plasitic PC speakers.

The A2 are good for their size, but I find the mids to be a bit lacking and muffled. When I switched to my Swan D1080MKII, the sound was so much better. But my friend loves using his A2 for his LAN setup since they are such a good size with decent sound output.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 59
I'm very happy with the Audioengne A5's and find them to be very accurate, open, and musical. I previously had the A2's and because of thier size, they have a mid bass hump in the crossover that does affect the midrange accuracy and openess. They are a good speaker in thier own right, but the A5 is considerably better and produce bass without the hump. I've owned many high-end speakers over the years, and I'm still surprised at how good the A5's really are regardless of price.

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #22 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to re-read the thread and see which questions I am answering. They aren't the questions in your head...

As for the Razer Mako sucking... just take it on faith. If you REALLY doubt that the Razer speakers suck, I won't make any more fuss about you buying it. I will just have a good laugh to myself.

Then why did you just write "TheAudioInsider" without quoting who you were replying to? Do you think the rest of us can read your mind?

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

I think this applies to bashing gear as well.

????

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #24 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the Razer Mako sucking... just take it on faith. If you REALLY doubt that the Razer speakers suck, I won't make any more fuss about you buying it. I will just have a good laugh to myself.

Actually, a lot of online reviews say the Mako are very good speakers. Let me guess: they're too mainstream for you, and therefore you don't like them?

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #25 of 59
the only ones i listened to were the A5s. i dont need any more speaker upgrades until i get into home theatre stuff!

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #26 of 59
With a $350 budget I'd recommend these powered monitors:

Amazon.com: M-Audio Studiophile BX5a Deluxe 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors: Musical Instruments

M-AUDIO - Studiophile BX5a Deluxe - 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors

I use these monitors myself (the revised edition), got them on sale at a local Guitar Center, and they sound great to me. I was really blown away by much volume these little boxes are packing. They're bi-amplified powered monitors, meaning each unit has a dedicated amp built-in as well as a dedicated volume control. There's no headphone port though.

For central volume control and a headphone port, I'd get a good headphone amp + preamp. That's why I got a Zero DAC.

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #27 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, a lot of online reviews say the Mako are very good speakers. Let me guess: they're too mainstream for you, and therefore you don't like them?

Let me guess... Newegg, Amazon, and some tech websites?

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #28 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurotetsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With a $350 budget I'd recommend these powered monitors:

Amazon.com: M-Audio Studiophile BX5a Deluxe 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors: Musical Instruments

M-AUDIO - Studiophile BX5a Deluxe - 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors

I use these monitors myself (the revised edition), got them on sale at a local Guitar Center, and they sound great to me. I was really blown away by much volume these little boxes are packing. They're bi-amplified powered monitors, meaning each unit has a dedicated amp built-in as well as a dedicated volume control. There's no headphone port though.

For central volume control and a headphone port, I'd get a good headphone amp + preamp. That's why I got a Zero DAC.

I bought BX8a Deluxe at CAD $420 shipped which is about $350 USD when I bought it.

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #29 of 59
That is ********. Nothing made by razer sounds good. You think a satellite that small can produce acceptable midrange? A titchy little cheap sub actually produce lows below even 70hz? L O L

Never presume anything about me or what I know. I don't get pissed off just b/c I think I am right. I Know that I am right in this case.

It is called the old xbox Spherex. I have these for my tv speakers b/c my wife can't stand seeing speakers so I have to use something tiny. This is what razer's "scientists" ripped off and put some ooh ah packaging around. Tiny omnipolar satellites which are way too small to produce real sound. There is a HUGE hole in their frequency response. I have to crank up the sub to 150hz to cover this. I would bet the mako satellites don't even hit 200hz because they are even smaller than the spherex. ******** overpriced CRAP.

You want makos? Go ahead, enjoy your ignorance.

Here is a 3 minute example of how to spend less and still kick the sh^^^t out of "pc speakers"

Go used and you can get even better parts for the same $$. This is just a really quick list.

Parts ExpressCheckout

I really just want people to get their $$s worth. Not trying to prove I am smarticus. Just experienced. This is kind of my thing lol.
I want to help, not hurt.

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #30 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is ********. Nothing made by razer sounds good. You think a satellite that small can produce acceptable midrange? A titchy little cheap sub actually produce lows below even 70hz? L O L

Never presume anything about me or what I know. I don't get pissed off just b/c I think I am right. I Know that I am right in this case.

It is called the old xbox Spherex. I have these for my tv speakers b/c my wife can't stand seeing speakers so I have to use something tiny. This is what razer's "scientists" ripped off and put some ooh ah packaging around. Tiny omnipolar satellites which are way too small to produce real sound. There is a HUGE hole in their frequency response. I have to crank up the sub to 150hz to cover this. I would bet the mako satellites don't even hit 200hz because they are even smaller than the spherex. ******** overpriced CRAP.

You want makos? Go ahead, enjoy your ignorance.

Here is a 3 minute example of how to spend less and still kick the sh^^^t out of "pc speakers"

Go used and you can get even better parts for the same $$. This is just a really quick list.

Parts ExpressCheckout

I really just want people to get their $$s worth. Not trying to prove I am smarticus. Just experienced. This is kind of my thing lol.
I want to help, not hurt.

I see. You are bashing on these speakers even though you have never heard them because: (1) you think anything from the Razer brand is bad; and (2) the speakers look like other speakers that you think are bad.

Your post is absolute garbage. Don't waste my time, and don't waste anyone else's time with this tripe. Either grow up or spend some time to finish that GED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back