Good “All Rounder” IEM for $300
Jun 18, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #31 of 35
This is SO subjective.... I'm using stock cable (and a pair of the stock silicone tips), and have even used with iPhone. Nothing at all wrong with stock cable and doesn't require a "proper dap" either. Soundstage isn't even close to "sub-par", more like better than par. You can shred the TEA to pieces if you like... but there are many people who think it is one of THE best IEM's in the $300 price range. To each their own I guess.

Jun 18, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #32 of 35
HERE User raindogtrombone sells an IQ from Ultrasone for 300USD. One if not THE most underrated IEM! And that because Ultrasone did not include any suitable ear tips in the scope of delivery. Triple flange tips are required (as seen in my avatar). There is no hissing and the sound is breathtaking.
For me the best IEM up to $ / € 1000.

Jun 18, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #33 of 35
This is SO subjective.... I'm using stock cable (and a pair of the stock silicone tips), and have even used with iPhone. Nothing at all wrong with stock cable and doesn't require a "proper dap" either. Soundstage isn't even close to "sub-par", more like better than par. You can shred the TEA to pieces if you like... but there are many people who think it is one of THE best IEM's in the $300 price range. To each their own I guess.
I’d suggest try TRI Starsea that has wide sound stage. Moondrop Blessing has average stage too compared Tea with stock cable.

I have extensive list of IEMs on hand that’s on general routine, and Tea is one of them.
I’m just giving my opinion based on my comparable reference list over 100 IEMs (see my signature and spoiler ) that compared to other IEMs around Tea has narrow sound stage. Its treble is well handled, a bit dark, but with good quality.

Again, I’m not giving absolute judgment on Tea, and I do value Tea as top tier sub$300, actually prefer Tea over Moondrop Blessing2 myself for it’s midrange speciality and well balanced tonality. But my relative narrative on Tea would not describe it as wide sound stage as there are many IEMs around that has wider diffusion field which I’m very confident.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #34 of 35
Tea is very sensitive to cable / ear tips. If you used stock cable, I can understand your comments.
I do not believe in cables making significant difference to sound, above a sort of "bottom of the barrel" absolute baseline... And if a company ships a cable that bad with a product I do not want to support them myself or recommend them. As for tips? Yes I agree those can make a significant difference in sound, but again, the company should ship a reasonable selection with the product. None of the stock tips with the Tea worked for me.

I'm not saying it's a bad IEM - far from it. Despite being shouty / tiring in the upper mids on many tracks it was physically very comfortable and I regret it didn't work for me. I'm just saying if you're at all sensitive to that range, as many are, there are better options that don't require buying cables and tips in hopes of fixing tuning flaws.

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #35 of 35
I do not believe in cables making significant difference to sound, above a sort of "bottom of the barrel" absolute baseline... And if a company ships a cable that bad with a product I do not want to support them myself or recommend them. As for tips? Yes I agree those can make a significant difference in sound, but again, the company should ship a reasonable selection with the product. None of the stock tips with the Tea worked for me.

I'm not saying it's a bad IEM - far from it. Despite being shouty / tiring in the upper mids on many tracks it was physically very comfortable and I regret it didn't work for me. I'm just saying if you're at all sensitive to that range, as many are, there are better options that don't require buying cables and tips in hopes of fixing tuning flaws.
It’s not my sole personal opinion though, check on Mangird Tea thread, it’s more of general consensus that Tea is Cable/Tips sensitive.
The stock XINHS cable simply tone down Tea to dark tuning with a sacrifice of sound stage and detail retrieving.
64E2F278-1025-4A5D-B4BE-5C4347362C08.jpeg
22A0D974-ACD2-4296-B195-FA0D56220C7E.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back