Golf
Jun 27, 2002 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I started playing golf last year. I took a few lessons. Man I could hit the ball. Cool. All of a sudden nothing. I suck. Played today with a few bussiness folks. Played O.K. they suck too. Any other hackers out there???

Jun 27, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 18
I've been playing golf for almost 30 years. A card carrying member of the NCGA (No. CA. Golf Assoc.) and at one point had my handicap index down to 8. Then I discovered HeadWize/Head-Fi and got into this amp building thing.....index is up around 11 now.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 28, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 18
I would recommend that you do use them. Might help alleviate some the stress and frustration of this game of relaxation.

Jun 28, 2002 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 18
30 years ago, I decided golf was too damned expensive.

Took up Low Frequency fishin'.

I COULD HAVE BOUGHT MY OWN GOLF COURSE!!!!!!!!

Not a hell of a lot of things I can think of that're more rewarding, relaxing or just plain damn fun.

Low Frequency boats are an incredible adrenaline rush at WFO and a great ride at cruise. Plus being on the water, seeing all the waterfowl, wading birds. This time of year, Osprey (fish eagles) are nesting all along the St. Johns. Incredible sight.

Plus, occasionally catching a fish is fun too. Thing is, you don't have to compete, even with yourself. Just enjoy.

So. No Golf. I don't think I'd be any good anyway, and fishin's so much fun.

Jun 28, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 18
I love it! Been at it for @10 years. 12-14 Handicap though!
mad.gif
Tonight I found success putting left handed! It's a fickle game. I am considering taking my minidisc out on a nice wide open course. I find it very relaxing.

Actually, I'm happy to be golfing at all. Last year, August 17th to be exact - I tore my achilles tendon while playing softball (company picnic. Ouch
eek.gif
I had surgery, about three different casts, and a bunch of rehab. The only thing that kept me going was the need to be able to walk 18 again. And I did June 1st this year!
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2002 at 9:29 AM Post #10 of 18
Say hello to the youngest golfer at head-fi!! Well, actually I stopped playing regularly a year ago and only play occasionally now... At that time my handicap was about 20. Just gotta love that super-clean super-straight drive right in the middle of the sweetspot. Aahh..
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2002 at 10:13 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
What is "Low Frequency fishin'

See my Title.

I stated several times that BASS is a fish, not low frequency audio. Therefore I became a "Low Frequency Boat Owner.

Ergo, I must be a Low Frequency Fisherman.

Actually, I'm a BASS fisherman, who loves his BASS boat.

Also use TREBLE hooks on my lures.

Jun 28, 2002 at 12:51 PM Post #12 of 18
When I was young and lived at home (and was supported by my parents) I played golf every day I could. I was a scratch golfer. Then I finished college, got married, and had kids. I played off and on but never enough to keep my handicap at 0.

Since my youngest went to college 5 years ago (graduated in 4 ) I started playing as part of a group on a regular basis. I am back down to a 10 and enjoying it as much as ever.

Jun 28, 2002 at 10:57 PM Post #13 of 18
Picked up golf when I started school here in Nashville as a freshman. Then things got hectic and stressful, and my golf game didn't make it better. I haven't touched my callaways for the last year and a half. But I'm thinking about jumping back in again... any day now.

Jun 28, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 18
I've golfed since I was 12. Not as often as I'd like anymore... it's hard to improve much when you only get out on the course for 9 holes/week. I'm a pretty big guy; I hit the ball a long, long way off the tee.
biggrin.gif
Usually in the wrong direction.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back