Goldring DR150 - The Docs with a new look
Dec 28, 2006 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Hemos

100+ Head-Fier
Well just wanted to thank warrior05 and swt61 for the nice job they did with these phones. Please post your comments
orphsmile.gif
I will review them around January 10th when I'm back from holidays.

docs1.jpg

docs2.jpg

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 22
Absolutely beautiful!

Dec 28, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, how do they sound? Would you give us a review or mini-review?

hemos doesn't have them yet. i'm shipping them out today. as for how they sound? well, i'm a big DR150 fanboy and between swt's woody mod and my recable i feel it gives the docs a bit more air and tightens up the sound, especially the bass; though not as much as my heavily modified Dr. Diablos.
evil_smiley.gif

and let me say this: the zebrawood woody mod that swt did looks absolutely awesome. my pics show them off pretty well but they are much better in person.

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #6 of 22
As you can see in the photos Scott's (warrior05) attention to detail is first rate. I own 2 headphones that have been recabled by Scott (DR150's & K81DJ's) as well as a beautiful 1/4"-1/8" adaptor he made for me, and they are extremely well executed and a work of art. He also takes fantastic pics! This tag team approach that we took this time was really fun. We're workin' on Docs and we all know what they're made out of, so I guess you could call us Plastic Surgeons.
wink.gif

Congrats on your beautiful Docs Max! We really should send some photos of the three of our modded Docs to Goldring for the heck of it. Let 'em know what they started.

Dec 29, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 22
Just for reference you should add a picture of an unmodified pair of DR150s to the first post. I have a pair of DR150s and when I opened this thread I almost fell over and I was already sitting down!

Man, those 'phones are beautiful! Nice work guys.

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #12 of 22
These phones are powered by a Pint and a HPDac which uses the same design with a dac. It should be a good match. Maybe I'll upgrade in the future but I don't have any idea what to get. I have a large collection of vbr -2 files.

Max

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These phones are powered by a Pint and a HPDac which uses the same design with a dac. It should be a good match. Maybe I'll upgrade in the future but I don't have any idea what to get. I have a large collection of vbr -2 files.

Max

Don't upgrade! The Pint is the best match I've yet discovered for the Docs. I bought a Pint for that purpose, but it happens to sound great with my K81DJ's too. The Pint is an amp that performs well beyond it's pricetag IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interesting. that stock pic has the docs looking golden yet they are very gray. it is quite a striking difference though. good idea, ralph!

Yeah you're right warrior05 it does look Goldish. I found that pic online and used it because it was of good quality and size. I added a smaller pic that's much more accurate as far as color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back