Goldring DR150 or AKG K601?
Mar 22, 2007 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dacari

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!!

I have an Original Master Headphone which I use with my Grado SR80. Now I'm searching a complement to the SR80's
Which of these headphones... a cheaper option Goldring DR150 or AKG K601 will be the best? I like airy and transparent sound with larga soundstage, I don't like closed and bassy headphones, but I'll like a bit more bass than my SR80's
wink.gif
I will use with games, music and TV.
I know they have different prices , but it's really much more of "everything" K601 to DR150???

Thank you very much.

Mar 22, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 8
It sounds like the K601 will be a better fit for your requirements than the doc; soundstage, bass, and your original master really clinches the deal-- the 601 stands to gain much more from it than the DR150, I think.

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 8
I have a K701 with well over 800 hours of burn in (maybe 1,000 hours) and a Goldring DR150 with perhaps 3 hours. Both my wife and I were surprised how close the DR150 came to the K701. Yes the K701 is more confortable and has a larger soundstage. Who knows how the DR150 will develop but at 1/2 the price it is a very nice can.

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you're liking them mrarroyo. Now I'm getting nostalgic. I need to buy another pair, and kick my own a** for selling them in the first place.

Thanks. BTW I am thinking of using this as a transportable can for my office use. How hard do you think it would be to have someone make a 1.5 meters long cable with 1/8" mini plugs at the end in silver cable? Any idea how much it would cost?

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. BTW I am thinking of using this as a transportable can for my office use. How hard do you think it would be to have someone make a 1.5 meters long cable with 1/8" mini plugs at the end in silver cable? Any idea how much it would cost?

PM sent

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I assume that this means the Goldring has a plug in cord? That's something I really like.

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume that this means the Goldring has a plug in cord? That's something I really like.

Yes, a 1/8" plug on the bottom of the left earpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back