Goldpoint Headphone Pro
Aug 17, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #331 of 357
When I was discussing things with Arn the one thing that was brought up for future versions was trying to incorporate a gain switch and make the signal path as short as possible and have little to zero degradation in sound quality. He seems extremely enthusiastic about his amp. He seems to believe it's his 24 stepped volume control that makes the big difference in his amp over competing amps.

I would be curious to how it compares with the Asgard that costs half as much and runs in Class A. If it really beats the Auditor that's fairly impressive. I wish I can afford to buy the Auditor, Asgard (both of which I've heard before) and Goldpoint and pit them all against the GLite.

Just when I thought I had my rig complete, this comes up. I feel like I'm chasing ghosts. LoL

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #332 of 357
Can´t cure upgraditis just control it.

I would love to hear a gilmore one day but V200 and then I am done. LCD-2 was a freaking home run will be easy to sell of gear after this one

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #334 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice  
" The 160 would most likely better the GS lite. I know a member who said going from the GP to the auditor was more like a side grade."

This all seems to be lateral or incremental upgrades? I'm looking to have a substantial upgrade. I've been eyeing the Beta22/Sigma22 as the ultimate solid state amp. I don't doubt the Golpoint is a terrific amp. I just want an amp that is really THAT much better than the GLite which I already think is also terrific.

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #335 of 357
My mistake. In that case the Beta22 would be a good choice.. I know of a maker that I might contract. I can give you his PM info.. Ever thought about upgrading your source as well? You have the HD800 correct? Maybe a balanced HD800 Beta System? I'm sure that would be a HUGE upgrade over your GL.. Your DAC magic has balanced outs already.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool bubba ice  
" The 160 would most likely better the GS lite. I know a member who said going from the GP to the auditor was more like a side grade."

This all seems to be lateral or incremental upgrades? I'm looking to have a substantial upgrade. I've been eyeing the Beta22/Sigma22 as the ultimate solid state amp. I don't doubt the Golpoint is a terrific amp. I just want an amp that is really THAT much better than the GLite which I already think is also terrific.

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #336 of 357
Or LCD-2. It´s so easy spend others money but that headphone impresses me both musically and technically like no other :)

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #337 of 357
Just checked Goldpoint's website and the HP Pro is nowhere to be seen ? No mention of it anywhere on the website. Strange ...

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #340 of 357
Anyone have a picture of the latest version Goldpoint Headphone Pro (V12 is it?) - internals or otherwise?

If he removed links off his main website he must either be in development on it or decided to take a break from selling it?  Or he is sticking to the easier to build line control/switchers.  

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #341 of 357
http://yfrog.com/jahppv19pcboardassydiagraj
Here is a schematic for the different versions.
Seems to be something wrong with this forum. LInking directly to the image doesn´t work. Linking to other homepages doesn´t work either?

I don´t think he removed it. It was there when I looked. V9 is the latest has never been a V12. odds is low there will be future revisions though looking at history :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back