GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
Apr 22, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #467 of 560
Has anyone driven these with a IFI Zan Can yet? What are your thoughts?
I use it with the zen can / DAC stack and it drives these really well.. very smooth and sometimes the x-bass can also make the low end extra punchy depending on the tracks you’re listening to. Not as detailed maybe as a more expensive DAC / amp combo but you won’t miss it really unless you do A-B testing

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #468 of 560
GENERAL WARNING: Buyer beware Drop/LINSOL offers no returns on GOLD PLANAR which is unacceptable- Ordered second copy from Drop and tried to cancel before it even arrived or was shipped and Drop said after you click buy now order is not refundable - totally unacceptable in today’s market place - I am trying to work this out - but my advise on DROP/LINSOL 3rd party offers do not buy from DROP/LINSOL at all - life is too short for bad service like this buy from stores with reputable return polices like Audio46 or Apo

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #470 of 560
Had my new ZMF Universe Perforated Leather pads delivered today. Absolutely 100% recommend these pads for the GL2000, real improvement to sound over the stock pads. Good refinement without losing any of the lovely richness.

PXL_20210427_142356803.jpg

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #472 of 560
Those pads look like they fit really well. How difficult was it to put them on?
Not difficult at all, initially they look like they'll be a bit too small, but they stretch over easily enough and once on they actually stretch out to a nice oval shape. They look like they were made for the GL2000 once they're on. Anyone paying this much for a headphone really should have them at their best, the stock pads are really poor for the overall price. Well worth replacing.

I'm in the UK but ordered from ZMF USA directly. Shipping was around 3 days. Really impressive service, nicely packaged and really excellent quality.

Apr 27, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #473 of 560
Not difficult at all, initially they look like they'll be a bit too small, but they stretch over easily enough and once on they actually stretch out to a nice oval shape. They look like they were made for the GL2000 once they're on. Anyone paying this much for a headphone really should have them at their best, the stock pads are really poor for the overall price. Well worth replacing.

I'm in the UK but ordered from ZMF USA directly. Shipping was around 3 days. Really impressive service, nicely packaged and really excellent quality.
Thanks! I'll give them a shot. I agree that the stock pads aren't the very best. Acorn Audio are authorised ZMF dealers in the UK btw.

May 3, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #476 of 560

How has it refined the sound? Is the bass quantity altered? I presume these are lamb skin perforated.....Thanks in advance

May 3, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #477 of 560
How has it refined the sound? Is the bass quantity altered? I presume these are lamb skin perforated.....Thanks in advance
I felt there was some bass bloom with the solid stick pads. It was leaking into the mids. That was resolved, but the bass didn't disappear. It was still present but cleaner.

Yes it was the lambskin perforated.

May 9, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #479 of 560

Users who are viewing this thread

Back