GoldPlanar GL2000 Thread
Jan 26, 2021 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 560

tkddans

500+ Head-Fier
Very promising.

GoldPlanarGL2000_4_1024x1024.jpg

Sold by Linsoul...
https://www.linsoul.com/products/gold-planar-gl2000

Reviews are few and far between thus far, but highly praised by some. One YouTube reviewer so far, Zeos, thinks they are worth $1000 to $2000, rather than the $600 they are priced at - even saying he likes them more than most of his collection. Other people have decent impressions, but not so hyperbolic.

Anyone have these yet? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy one.

Attachments

• GoldPlanarGL2000_2_1024x1024.jpg
    GoldPlanarGL2000_2_1024x1024.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 0
  • GL2000-_-_11_2e0ef6f5-678e-4820-b747-d032892098cc_1024x1024.jpg
    GL2000-_-_11_2e0ef6f5-678e-4820-b747-d032892098cc_1024x1024.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 560
I ordered on Jan 6th from Linsoul and they haven't shipped yet, just FYI

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 560
For someone looking for new flavor, I would say ....... sure. If those are going to be your primary headphones, wait and let others do homework for you.

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 560
For someone looking for new flavor, I would say ....... sure. If those are going to be your primary headphones, wait and let others do homework for you.

I'll do that "homework" in about 3-4 days, unless DHL delivers them in 2.
Im happy to do all that heavy lifting right out of their very nice Case and unto a review Thread.
It could be tho, that one of those several hundred who ordered them through DROP, will beat me to it, here.
But no matter.
Its all good.
The more the merrier.
Ladies and Gentleman....fire up your EARS....:)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 560
I'll do that "homework" in about 3-4 days, unless DHL delivers them in 2.
Im happy to do all that heavy lifting right out of their very nice Case and unto a review Thread.
It could be tho, that one of those several hundred who ordered them through DROP, will beat me to it, here.
But no matter.
Its all good.
The more the merrier.
Ladies and Gentleman....fire up your EARS....:)
I ordered on Drop. No worries tho. Ill keep my impressions to myself for a while. And I'll try to give them a fair shake if I do comment on their sound.

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 560
I ordered on Drop. No worries tho. Ill keep my impressions to myself for a while. And I'll try to give them a fair shake if I do comment on their sound.

A "fair shake" is what they deserve.
Zeos gave them one, and i'll do it differently, tho shaken fairly they will be....., and, i suspect that in their case, they are going to receive a positive review from me.
My hope is that for their price, they offer a better overall SQ than the Arya, not only in sound quality, but regarding how they present that upper mid to mid treble area that gives the Arya some trouble.
Zeos didnt mention it, but for a while now he does not really try to dissect and analyze the FR, regarding his headphone reviews.
I'll do it because its expected here.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 560
A "fair shake" is what they deserve.
Zeos gave them one, and i'll do it differently, tho shaken fairly they will be....., and, i suspect that in their case, they are going to receive a positive review from me.
My hope is that for their price, they are overall better than the Arya, not only in sound quality, but regarding how they present that upper mid to mid treble area that gives the Arya some trouble.
Zeos didnt mention it, but for a while now he does not really try to dissect and analyze the FR, regarding his headphone reviews.
I'll do it because its expected here.
Personally, I don't care much for FR unless it is truly off the charts. If cans are within tolerable margins, great. Rest is a matter of taste, preferences, associated gear, music preferences and technicality. I did not get these to replace my flavorful box of chocolates but to add a flavor that will put a smile on my face with certain music and on certain occasions.
Hifiman were never my cup of tea. Not that they are flawed but they just never appealed to me sonically or comfort wise. Just one of examples that shows how important preferences are, and out biases also play a huge role in choices we make. So......

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 560
Personally, I don't care much for FR unless it is truly off the charts. If cans are within tolerable margins, great. Rest is a matter of taste, preferences, associated gear, music preferences and technicality. I did not get these to replace my flavorful box of chocolates but to add a flavor that will put a smile on my face with certain music and on certain occasions.
Hifiman were never my cup of tea. Not that they are flawed but they just never appealed to me sonically or comfort wise. Just one of examples that shows how important preferences are, and out biases also play a huge role in choices we make. So......

Well, i hear ya.

Personal perspective and perception, regarding how sound sounds to each of us, is all we have to go by in the end, that actually matters the most.

For me, FR matters, as if the FR is a skewed mess, then the headphones are also...
I tend to lean away from charts and graphs, and totally rely on how the headphone actually sounds when im listening to it.. :)
Im treble sensitive and i dont like bass canons, so, when i review, im within those margins, which allows me to, i feel, be really accurate.
I review right out of the box, having played a lot of music first through the Cans, all genre's, and i can tell right away what is what and why its what.
I dont need 2 weeks to figure it out. I just need about 4 good hours of critical listening, swapping Amps, and i'll know what is what.

I own too many headphones, (if there is such a thing)...and ive heard many many more then i own.
I can't honestly say that i bought the GL2000 for any other reason then Zeos review, and mainly because the HDZeus is a real find, and....AND.... i like to buy every headphone that could be great,

And yes, the Arya has the typical Hifiman glare situation that they all have, that Fang seems to like...... with except for the Edition Xv2, and the LCD-X which dont notably exhibit that usual HFMN issue.
Now, i have not yet owned the Susvara, so maybe that one omits the glare..
For that price, you would hope so..

Well, i need to go and practice..
Enjoyed chatting with you.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #14 of 560
Well, i hear ya.

Personal perspective and perception, regarding how sound sounds to each of us, is all we have to go by in the end, that actually matters the most.

For me, FR matters, as if the FR is a skewed mess, then the headphones are also...
I tend to lean away from charts and graphs, and totally rely on how the headphone actually sounds when im listening to it.. :)
Im treble sensitive and i dont like bass canons, so, when i review, im within those margins, which allows me to, i feel, be really accurate.
I review right out of the box, having played a lot of music first through the Cans, all genre's, and i can tell right away what is what and why its what.
I dont need 2 weeks to figure it out. I just need about 4 good hours of critical listening, swapping Amps, and i'll know what is what.

I own too many headphones, (if there is such a thing)...and ive heard many many more then i own.
I can't honestly say that i bought the GL2000 for any other reason then Zeos review, and mainly because the HDZeus is a real find, and....AND.... i like to buy every headphone that could be great,

And yes, the Arya has the typical Hifiman glare situation that they all have, that Fang seems to like...... with except for the Edition Xv2, and the LCD-X which dont notably exhibit that usual HFMN issue.
Now, i have not yet owned the Susvara, so maybe that one omits the glare..
For that price, you would hope so..

Well, i need to go and practice..
Enjoyed chatting with you.
Yupp, Not sure why anyone would need two weeks to get a grasp of a product and determine if it sounds good or not? Unless you’re hoping for your brain “break-in” to kick in to minimize that buyer’s remorse syndrome. Lol
FR is helpful but it doesn’t tell the whole story. At the end, we listen to music not pink noise sweeps. And if headphones make you tap your foot then it’s alright and a good start.
Amp, source matching might play a role in getting most out of these cans so try to pay attention to that. I’m sure it will be an interesting read. Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #15 of 560
I have had these double sided GL2000s for a while and have been posting about them with comparisons to my other gear in the Chinese equipment thread!

The hybrid pads that come with them are better than the stock leather pads as it adds more soundstage while only sliiightly affecting the low-end.

Overall, an excellent value for around $600 USD, though definitely not the best pair of headsets that you'll ever hear. :)

Transients, soundstage, dynamics, details and low end are great, with emphasis on transients and macro details, however, I find that the Mids are slightly recessed and both male and female vocals miss some punch. Tested on Chord stack and DAPs (DX300 & Cayin N6ii A01) with and without the powerful Romi Audio & Less Fox BX-2 Plus. :beyersmile:

20210113_104832[1216].jpg

20210113_104844[1219].jpg

20210119_212152[1218].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back