Going to paint my room....which colors?
Feb 28, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #16 of 25
only i would paint my room black, but i think my parents will be quit upset. if i have a choice, which i dont in this very authorian house, i'd make it dark blue or some color that is warm to the eyes. mmmm peace.

Feb 28, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #17 of 25
go with a linen white wall color in an eggshell finish with a pure white semi gloss trim color . Both are washable surfaces which can be important in high traffic areas

makes a nice contrast while still remaining in the warm-nuetral pallette

unless your furniture is all the same single color , such as black leather it is a mistake to use color in the walls/trim , it is a mistake to use a "color' because it limits what the carpet/window treatment/furniture color can be

you don't want it to look too distracting or be stuck with a piece you like but just can not "fit' into the room

just my $0.02

Feb 28, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 25
I'm in the process of re-doing my downstairs bathroom just outside of my office at home. Two-tone on the walls; eggplant and a light sage green.

Feb 28, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #19 of 25
A guy in my college dorm had painted all his walls and the ceiling flat black. It was really hard to light that room! Somehow he found a 400 W lightbulb for the ceiling outlet.
Pretty cool.

Feb 28, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #21 of 25
Back when I lived w/ my parents, my room was painted sky blue. I liked it, very peaceful color. I also really like black, but don't think that would be an ideal choice, simply because if you had an insect problem, think how difficult it would be to find the things on a black wall.

Feb 28, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
A guy in my college dorm had painted all his walls and the ceiling flat black. It was really hard to light that room! Somehow he found a 400 W lightbulb for the ceiling outlet.
Pretty cool.

400w, arghhhhhhhhh my skins.

Feb 28, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #25 of 25
and now for something totally different:

either make the ceiling blue with white clouds (just look up at the sky at 11 AM when there are fluffy clouds in the sky) or the walls light sky blue with white sponged on.

I take it that you will be getting all new sheets and blankets? new curtains, too? perhaps a new carpet?

when it comes to bedrooms, think pastels.

what are your favourite colours, or what colours do you look best in? Those are the colours that you want to use. I just hope that your favouite colours are not black and white (although those colours are very masculine. In which case you want to always stay away from dots and squares in bed spreads and sheets. Sheets should always be pastels).

Since the colours that I look best in are light sky blue, yellow and orange, these are the colours which I must have in my bedroom (usually in curtains, sheets and bedcovers).

What colour has been the majority of your cars?

I may drive a Red Miata, but the Yellow Miata is too tame. I prefer the orange of the Cavilier and Mercedes. I guess I like a Naval Orange colour.

See, you just can't paint a bedroom. You have to do the whole room.
biggrin.gif

remember, no matter what colour you choose your new wife will probably want it changed. why not ask some women over to look at your bedroom and give you suggestions?
wink.gif

BTW, what colour is your kitchen?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back