Going to CES 2008 - what to see/look for?
Dec 29, 2007 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wquiles

500+ Head-Fier
My company is going to CES this year (we sell high speed modems - nothing to do with audio!). Although I am going there to work in our suite talking to our customers, I am sure I will have at least a solid 1/2 day free to go see stuff. If I am lucky, I "might" have a second 1/2 day free available - it depends how busy we get.

At any rate, assuming that I have only 1/2 a day, what "stuff" would you guys (and gals) recommend I see/hear? I am of course going to take my Cowon iAudio 7 and my Tripple 10's with me, just in case I can try stuff with my own equipment, but I would love to hear from your recommendations
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I have been to CES many times before, about 6-8 years ago, and remember going to the Sennheiser and HeadRoom booth's once, so I am hoping to see what is new!

Dec 29, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 10
LCD tvs and lots of them hopefully. Plus the 150" Panny plasma.

Dec 29, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 10
This year I'm looking forward to seeing new products from Sennheiser that Jude has been talking about in his blog. Theres the new SED TV's to look out for too.

Nothing too interesting this year in consumer electronics.

Dec 29, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 10
Look out for new headphone releases (especially Sennheiser..), and check out some of the new LCD and Plasma TV's.

Dec 29, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 10
South Africa's very own Vivid Audio, with the help of ex-B&W / ex-Nautilus designer Laurence Dickie, launching their new statement product: the Giya G1. You can check out more details here, and below is a pic. I believe they will be launching it partnered with Luxman gear.

vividgiya1.jpg

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #7 of 10
I just wanted to take a brief moment to say that I got to see and hear a Pico today in person during the CES show!.

I got to the Sennheiser booth, and as I was looking at some of their new IEM's, I heard a guy next to me inquire about them as well, and he mentioned "something about Ultimate Ears". That picked up my interested as I took my UE10 Pros along with my Cowon iAudio7 so that I can compare "stuff" with something to use as a reference.

He said that yes, he also had some UE's, and it turned out he also had the same UE10 Pros as I had. I then asked him if he belonged to any online forums, and he said, oh yes, head-fi. I said, what I concidence, I just joined a short while ago. He said he wanted to try the new IEM's as well, and when I asked him about what else he brought, he showed me his Pico - man, was this a surprise for me!

It was forum member "Edwood", and it was a great coincidence to find another forum member at the Sennheiser booth today, but also to see and hear a Pico in person - Edwood was nice enough to let a total stranger try his precious Pico - thanks much dude!
biggrin.gif

Well, being a newbe I don' know much, but all I can say is that it sounded great!. The package looks/feels small, not too heavy, and it looks solid and well built. Maybe one of these days I will be able to afford one as well!

I also visited Sony, Cowon, Shure, and others. I will post more pictures later on ...

Will

P1070075.JPG

P1070077.JPG

P1070078.JPG

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #8 of 10
New tv technologies. Forget the already existant stuff you can see at any electronics store shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back