Going headphone shopping brands and models to look out for currently?
Apr 24, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 10
Any help greatly appreciated.

Your going to be able to narrow your search down by listing some helpful clues so other members can answer your question.

1) Expected price you are willing to pay.
2) Signature of headphones you own or have owned before and liked.

Basicly your question is not specific enough as there are a ton of headphones out there now.

You should in the end list your music genres of choice and a list of all the equipment you plan on using with your new headphone.

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 10
In that case, I will mention just one that is in your price range that is quite good and that is the Meze 99 Classics. Excellent sound quality, fun, and quite beautiful to look at. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It is possible it could work for you.

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #7 of 10
Sennheiser HD6xx/HD650, Audio Technica ATH-r70x, AKG k712, Philips Fidelio x2, despite all controversies HE400i/He400s/HE4xx, Audeze el8,

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 10
Sorry one more request unless it limits me to some of the best closed back headphones.

Detachable cable

The reason is because sooner or later my headphone’s cable on the left or right always get pulled out to have one side start losing sound if you know what I mean.

Unless headphones company have a good warranty for this?

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #9 of 10
Considering your preferred genres, the Sennheiser HD 650 or possibly HD 660 S (never tried it) would be best I think, but if you need closed then I'd try to get a used ZMF Blackwood (MKII) or even Vibro MKII. I can't even imagine my ZMF Blackwood being beat by another closed back headphone, and I've heard lots of "higher end" headphones. Here's my review:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmf-blackwood.20484/reviews#review-20172

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #10 of 10
Are detachable cable headphones hard to find or something or to much out of my budget?

Or should I make my current Denon AH-D2000 headphones have a detachable cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back