Going custom (M5, SuperFreQ, LiveWires)
Mar 10, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #31 of 43
have you decided what you want to do yet man? or what you want to get. This is a really hard decision. its either keep the M8's, get livewires, or freq's. I am leaning more towards the livewires because of the build quality and the great reviews.

wink.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you decided what you want to do yet man? or what you want to get. This is a really hard decision. its either keep the M8's, get livewires, or freq's. I am leaning more towards the livewires because of the build quality and the great reviews.

wink.gif

I'm going to keep my M5's for now. Paired with an amp they are terrific. I'm going to give FreQ some more time to better develop their product and re-evaluate my options in a couple of months.

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhendrickson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to keep my M5's for now. Paired with an amp they are terrific. I'm going to give FreQ some more time to better develop their product and re-evaluate my options in a couple of months.

good decision!

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #35 of 43
I would give super Freq's a try. I am giving them a try, I still need to get molds and stuff. They are at a good point i think right now with their build quality. Prices will only go up in the future (near future I hear) $50 or less. And you still get the same thing. Also their music maker line, with detachable cable and stuff will be ineteresting. But yeah im gnna see how the Freq's perform compared to my M8's that I sold. If freq's aren't my thing,,, im going livewires...

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #36 of 43
i just went with superfreq for me and my girl, my reasoning i am saving $50 since price is gonna go up and all the upgrades made to the lineup within a year i will receive such as the braided cables. Also the $10 option for loss and damage and i will only pay 25% of the price so give or take around $50. So technically i am getting two custom IEMS for the same price as live wires and it is a triple driver versus dual and i like the triple due to the stronger bass and only losing on the detachable cable. lastly freqs will give you an upgrade discount to the new music makers line with detachable cables.

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by faiz23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just went with superfreq for me and my girl, my reasoning i am saving $50 since price is gonna go up and all the upgrades made to the lineup within a year i will receive such as the braided cables. Also the $10 option for loss and damage and i will only pay 25% of the price so give or take around $50. So technically i am getting two custom IEMS for the same price as live wires and it is a triple driver versus dual and i like the triple due to the stronger bass and only losing on the detachable cable. lastly freqs will give you an upgrade discount to the new music makers line with detachable cables.

that is exactly why I went with them. Are you sure their is an upgrade discount? like a step up program or what?

I just ordered mine. What colors are you getting?

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

lastly freqs will give you an upgrade discount to the new music makers line with detachable cables.

Are you sure about this? When I called them yesterday to ask a few questions, they said all the newer orders will be eligible to receive a free upgrade to the detachable cables when they become available. Also I remember reading a previous post backing this up. I also learned that the expected wait time can be up to 1 month as it stands with the influx of orders right now.
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #39 of 43
i am getting purple inner, and black outer with black cord for me, silver inner, purpler outer, black cord for my girlfriend. I thought they said superfreq would get braided cables but not detachable since that is the music makers line. i was also under the impression reading the posts made by other members and todd boring (CEO) that they would have some sort of upgrade discount program.

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

i am getting purple inner, and black outer with black cord for me, silver inner, purpler outer, black cord for my girlfriend. I thought they said superfreq would get braided cables but not detachable since that is the music makers line. i was also under the impression reading the posts made by other members and todd boring (CEO) that they would have some sort of upgrade discount program.

You are probably right as this makes more sense. The guy I was talking with for sure said detachable cables but the guy sounded new there and probably meant the braided cables.
rolleyes.gif

Either way, I hope they don't suffer the typical growing pains of a small company and rush out all the orders sacrificing quality or quality control. I don't mind the month long wait if I get a good product.

Mar 13, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

haha I was going to get inner purple with black outer and black cable. lol. Yeah im pretty sure freq's will get braided cables and everyone that owns one gets the upgrade. i will see what todd has to say about the discount program.

I want to see what the silver looks like. But yeah the purple inner black outer is a good combo.

Mar 13, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

i like the purple and black combo it looks very sexy, i wish we could get them some what see through

yes of course it looks sexy. I wanna see what some of the other colors like pink and stuff look like for the inner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back