Going Bald
Feb 9, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 43
How old are you? I always am concerned my hairline is receding, although my wife says I'm crazy...honestly I think she's right, I'm probably just being paranoid. Some people can pull of a balding look though...or a shaved head, which you stated you wouldn't do. What about a buzz cut?

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
How old are you? I always am concerned my hairline is receding, although my wife says I'm crazy...honestly I think she's right, I'm probably just being paranoid. Some people can pull of a balding look though...or a shaved head, which you stated you wouldn't do. What about a buzz cut?

im 27. i wish i was being paranoid but im not =/ ive watched the hair on my crown become more and more thin throughout the last couple of years.

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #4 of 43
Maybe this will help.

I once asked the Chair of the Dermatology Dept at the Medical Univ of South Carolina if there was anything I could do to stave off my locks thinning.

His answer was: "You could be castrated."

I decided to accept my balding with dignity.

Feb 9, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #6 of 43
The only way you can stop balding a bit is by hair transplantation. Nothing else, and I mean nothing, stops it. I did try a lot of treatments, not because I wanted to, but because my wife insisted that I looked older than I really am and was pretty much a pusher about it. In the end, I decided to shave my head again, much to her chagrin, because if there's something I don't care about is my hair or lack of it. In the end, Silvia got used to it and I think she kinda likes it now.

biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #7 of 43
Don't worry, be happy.
evil_smiley.gif

I realize that 27 is rather young to be losing your hair. I knew a guy that was 14 years old, and had no hair left on top.
Me, I've been losing hair on the top for many years. It's pretty much all gone up there now, and I'm 47. I still have hair on the back and sides, but not on the top of my head.
I don't let it bother me. In fact I wish more of it would go away. I have plans for a tattoo up there, once it is completely deforested.
icon10.gif

I don't see what the big deal is about hair loss. It's something you have no control over, it's not caused by something you did wrong, so why worry?

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapoon
nope.. didnt help.

LoL.

Sorry, man.

Hey, you're 27 and it's just starting to go. That's just natural,son. Like mr PD, my starting going at around 22. Took 24 years to get where I'm at now, and there still a LITTLE left up there. By the time you're my age you'll have your wife, kids and you won't really give a damn anymore. Hair, smair.

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #9 of 43
I've done a bit of research on this being that I have the Italian hair loss gene and have found that grape seed is universally endorsed as helping. The biggest point is making sure that your hair is very clean and healthy as much as possible and just generally taking care of yourself, but you should also look into grape seed pills or green tea as anti-toxins, and the best yet cheapest stuff i've managed to find that does help me is Procerin. And oddly the pills which seem to work for many contain a fair amount of saw palmetto derivative which is greatly related to prostate health, go figure. Anyway the Procern is super cheap compared to the rest of the stuff and isn't chemical so it won't screw up your body chemistry like the other stuff.

To be honest there isn't too much you can do except take general care of yourself, re-gain confidence that you may and will regrow hair and remember that there are plenty of attractive bald people who the rest of us haven't gotten around to shunning.
Extreme stress and a general lack of equilibrium in life seems to be the real killer of the follicle.

Even if it doesn't work, they are super cheap placebos, and the saw palmetto based stuff has worked for me to slow down the hasty process quite a bit.

Feb 9, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 43
Pray to God....or buy a wig if you go bald....that's it! Sorry! Oh, wait...you could also sun gaze or meditate...but who knows, that might make it worse! Yeah...heh heh I'm confusing myself like always!

Feb 9, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #11 of 43
Don't worry, after the disbelief, anger and bargainging comes acceptance.
rolleyes.gif

Always remember: A number 2 on top and 1 and a Half on the sides. If you're thinking about a pony-tail, stop. If you're thinking about mutton-chops, stop. If you start to imagine a comb-over, stop.
eek.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #13 of 43
Feb 9, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #14 of 43
In the context of the forum where this is being posted my answer must be:

Headphones with a large hairy headband
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #15 of 43
You're 27, so it's not as bad as say an 18 yr old going bald.
I knew a guy who was going bald at 18 and he had the hair transplant done.
It was expensive for a college student and it required maintenance.
I didn't like the constant "wet look", his hair always looked like he came out of the shower.
I didn't know there was an "Italian Hair loss gene"? My co worker is almost losing it all and he's 28.
I think the Rogaine type stuff only slows down the hair loss. I may be wrong.
Many guys I know just accept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back