Going back to the drawing board, looking for new headphones again (for the third time)
May 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hifi Man

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered a pare of AKG K240 headphones to hold me over with some money I earned doing a day of landscaping. Otherwise my spending limit is under 300 - 400 which is all I have (400 only if it's absolutely necessary, then I'll save the money)

I'm looking for headphones that can be driven by my new FiiO E07K FiiO E11. I mainly listen to music on my iPod, but I guess as long as it can be driven by that thing it's good.

It doesn't matter if sound leaks. Open back headphones would be alright. These will be mainly for home use.

Obviously comfort would be a priority because these would be used for about 10 hours straight per day.

I listen to a lot of music, but mainly death metal (last fm in my signature)

Headphones I've been considering - 

Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser Momentum
AKG 701, 550

Sorry for making all these threads, I hope people aren't avoiding responding to me because of it. 

May 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 4
If you are patient you can find the Sennheiser HD 650 at the top end of your range. A terrific HP and highly regarded here.

May 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Last time I checked, you had just returned the HE-400 and was looking for another alternative. Since you say this is your third shot at this, what did you end up getting, and what didn't you like about it?

I think I recommended the Q701 and HFI-2400 in one of your previous threads. Still think they're hard to beat in the $200-$400 price range. The SRH1440, if you can get them for ~$270, might be another option.

May 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Last time I checked, you had just returned the HE-400 and was looking for another alternative. Since you say this is your third shot at this, what did you end up getting, and what didn't you like about it?

I think I recommended the Q701 and HFI-2400 in one of your previous threads. Still think they're hard to beat in the $200-$400 price range. The SRH1440, if you can get them for ~$270, might be another option.

I decided that the HE-400 wasn't for me because I felt that it was too expensive and I didn't like feeling tethered to my computer in order to listen to music. I loved them, don't get me wrong, but I felt that I needed to return them, because I didn't feel the need for them, and I wanted money for other things instead. I recently ordered a pare of sennheiser amperior headphones. They have some things I wanted, like being iPod driven, and great sound, however they hurt like hell after a full day of listening to music. I kind of want to find a middle ground between good sound quality and portability. Like I said, I ordered a pare of AKG K240 headphones, and I still need to decide whether or not to return my sennheiser amperior headphones. If I can find a good alternative to the amperior then I will return it. Otherwise I think having the AKG 240 for at home and amperior for on the go would be cool. I just don't know if I could take the clamping of the amperior.

The HFI-2400 look interesting. How do they compare soundwise to the sennheiser amperior headphones? Can they be driven by an iPod? Are they good with metal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back