Going back to IEMs after bad experiences with Beyerdynamic DTX 501 p and AKG 430, need your help!
Jun 6, 2014 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tetsuro P12

New Head-Fier
They were both supraaural closed-back headphones. What I'm searching are IEMs with excellent clarity, big and airy soundstage and an overall balanced frequency response. I like neutral but detailed sound, wanna hear every instrument, and do not like bass that invade midrange, I like bass but not the bloated/exaggerated one. Positioning is important. I like voices to be a bit forward.

Budget: Less then 90€

Following some discussions here and reading some reviews I find the following IEMs intriguing: Astrotec AM90, Dunu I 3C-S and Philips Fidelio S1, I'm a bit leaned on the latest two since much people says that the Astrotec's have a just average soundstage.

Previously I was relatively happy with MEElectronics SP51, they were energetic and had a good soundstage, bass response was tweakable through caps so it was not an issue, were good on midrange with good voices presentation.

If you have others IEMs to suggest... or which of the three?

Thank you.

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 9
Have you tried an over ear headphone? I personally hate on ears, but love over ears. They are so much more comfortable, and often sound better. Otherwise I can't really help you with iems

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 9
Already have (Goldring DR100, just good), but need and IEMs for listening music on the go. Smartphones cannot really drive headphones, moreover I want something very portable and those supraaural above aren't really good in terms of sound quality.

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #5 of 9
They cost too much for me. :D
  Have you looked at the HiFiMan RE-400 waterlines?

They cost too much for me.
ksc75smile.gif

99 Euros, I need to stay under 90.. preferably 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back