Go YANKEES !
Oct 16, 2001 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
'nuff said
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 2:26 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Come on Sox! Why do you keep disappointing me?

Lessee, 2-0 going into a 2 game series in Oakland where they need to win one. Should we talk disappointment?
frown.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 28
this time of year it sucks to be anything BUT a Yankees fan
biggrin.gif

First trip to The Stadium was at five years old.First trip for my boys,also five.Next generation of lifelong fans,maybe they even take the old man when he becomes feeble.
And Dan,if you are a BoSox fan you are definately an optimist used to dissapointment.But gotta also say,boston fans are like yankee fans-lifers
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 28
How do one from the west coast become a Cubs fan ?In my area the REAL baseball fans fall into one of two camps Yanks/Sox,period.The Mets are newcomers so the history is just not there.In Connecticut it is almost an even split,as is the travel time to either Yankee stadium or Fenway Park.
And baseball around here is serious business,we have CLASSIC arguments and back it up with real history.
Anyway MacDef,I agree,Cubs fans are also real and not fair weather fans

Oct 16, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 28
Cub fans ROCK!! Like me
smily_headphones1.gif

I like the Sox, too......hell, I like Chicago.

And - personally, I think the Yankees can go to hell.

Red Sox....all the way........er.....no......

rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 11:34 PM Post #11 of 28
I remember having a baseball discussion awhile back on HeadWize and I said at the time that it was pointless to hope that any other team but the Yankees would win it all. Now, even though I'm a native New Yorker, I consider myself a classic Yankee Hater, and have been since the 1950s when the Dodgers (traitors!) usually fell a bit short. But the fact of the matter is this: October + Pinstripes = Victory. It's as simple as that. The breaks will go their way, the other team will choke, and the Yankees will go on to their annual parade in NY's Canyon of Heroes. As sure as the sun will come up in the morning, the Yankees will win it all. Any doubters need only look at the Oakland series......nuff said!
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 11:51 PM Post #12 of 28
I think "true " yankee haters are as cool as "true" yankee lovers.It is the ones that jump on the banwagon when they win and don't follow the team when they lose that I have no use for.There were some dark years for the yank fan too but we did not lose hope
biggrin.gif

Just like my Giants(more bad years than good),Knicks(still waiting),Rangers(really are tough to be a fan of a times)

And Dan,there was a time it was Patriots Fan (Steve Grogan QB,Sam "BAM" Cunningham RB,Stanley Morgan WR) and Celtics fan (best starting five ever ,only team that made the half court offense look exiting) but never the Bruins,always the Rangers,and they mostly suck
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2001 at 12:04 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Lessee, 2-0 going into a 2 game series in Oakland where they need to win one. Should we talk disappointment?

JMT, with all the amps you build, I didn't know you had time to follow baseball.
If you had just asked me, I could have saved you the feelings of disappointment. I'm never disappointed anymore when it comes to Yankee victories. A forty plus year career of following the Yanks and rooting against them has me feeling one thing: RESIGNATION. They are going to win it all.......just accept it and get on with building those amps!
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2001 at 1:20 AM Post #14 of 28
I've never been much of a Celtics or Patriots fan as I'm not really into basketball or football... but I was once a huge Bruins fan. Ray Bourque and Cam Neely were once my heroes -- if there's ever a sport I played with which I was extremely emotionally involved, it was hockey... there has never been (and never will be) anything that feels like the thrill of skating off on a breakaway, pulling back, shooting, and scoring without even flinching -- I'll miss those days, and even rugby can't replace ice hockey for me. Ray Bourque and Cam Neely will never come back -- but I'll always love the Bruins and the Sox.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back