Go-Vibe V5s, scratchy pot or something else?
Mar 18, 2008 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pandasonic

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a Go-Vibe V5s from the forums. It's my first encounter with this amp and I have a small question. After a few days use, I've noticed that there's some small static whenever I turn the volume knob through any position. It sounds different than the usual scratchy pot and is really only audible when there's no music (or signal) playing. You can still hear it when there is music going through it, but it's barely audible.

I'd just like if this behavior is normal for these amps. I'm running it off the standard 9V battery btw.

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 3
How exactly is it different from a normal scratchy pot? So far it doesn't sound any different. If you clean it or just turn it a few times quickly through its full motion, does this have no effect?

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 3
I've had some experience with noisy pots with speaker amps and from what I can tell, in addition to the hissing, there's also a fair amount of crackling and popping at the same time. Not so with the Go-Vibe. I've tried cleaning it and turning it through the full motion but no effect as far as I can tell. I'm wondering if it's the design that allows for a little pot noise (similar to headroom's explanation for their bithead/airhead).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back