Go team Sony MDR-V900!!!!
Aug 15, 2003 at 5:04 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
<threadcrapping>
Let's take a dump on those V*** series!
</threadcrapping>

It is sort of funny to see these so-called "Headphoneus Supremus" giving completely useless views on the phones they haven't even auditioned. Sorry to quote you, Eagle_Driver..
but too many bull craps in this forum by useless posters. There's only a handfull of Headphoneus Supremus who can be respected.

Aug 15, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by thongjunkie
im not a so called audiophile (if thats how its spelled) but i just got a pair of brand new sony mdr-v900 from a freind who won them in a work lottery and I love these phones. I have some sennheisers 580 and i think the v900 sounds alot better. I listen to everything from jazz to rock to techno to rap and the 580s would almost just pass out from some the deep bass in the rap i listen to ----while the v900 handles it and looks at me and says--"that bass aint chit". like i said im just a music lover and by no means an audiophile but to me -------the sony v900s are da bomb. sony mdr-v900 4 life.

Do you see the dark clouds forming in the sky? Do you feel the thunderous bolts of lightning striking down upon the Earth? You have angered the Sennheiser gods.

But seriously, why don't you go out and buy some Bose Triports? I really think you'll like them.

Aug 15, 2003 at 5:28 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog
It is sort of funny to see these so-called "Headphoneus Supremus" giving completely useless views on the phones they haven't even auditioned. Sorry to quote you, Eagle_Driver..
but too many bull craps in this forum by useless posters. There's only a handfull of Headphoneus Supremus who can be respected.

Actually, I used to own a pair of the MDR-V900's. I took them back to the store. I recall that they just didn't sound as good as they could have been, for the price that I had originally paid for them.

Maybe someone might like those 'phones - but they're just not my cup of tea.

Aug 15, 2003 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 34
Ive had this question a while back and this post helped me remember it. Is the 7509 the same as the v900?

Aug 16, 2003 at 1:15 AM Post #21 of 34
i dont know but maybe the 80s are catching up with me (flashback like a mugg) but the more i listen to these v900s the more i like them. No matter what i throw at them to me they sound great. i think its time to get the sennheiser tattoo covered up with V900 4 LIFE.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Aug 16, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Hiker
Ive had this question a while back and this post helped me remember it. Is the 7509 the same as the v900?

i think that is the opinion of bangraman (sic?). not entirely for sure though.

Aug 16, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #23 of 34
No... I never found that out. I do think the 7509 and the V700 are remarkably similar sonicaly. Sold the (bought used) 7509 as I couldn't live with the amazingly tenacious Armor All smell.

As I said I got the 7509 used, and if I was being honest with myself I still paid over the odds for it. If a new 7509 was perhaps £20-£40 more than the V700, I might pick it up. But at double the price... No thanks. The only significant benefit to be had from the 7509 versus the V700 is the comfort, which is pretty nice... It just feels right in a way that few other closed phones have been able to emulate. The angled drivers didn't seem to make much difference in the presentation of the sound.

Aug 16, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
I think that the v-900 are way better than any of the v-xx series. The v-900 sound very good to me for closed cans and can be driven by anything with out an amp. They sound even better with an amp. I would not buy the v-900 now that I know what I know but since I have had these for years I still enjoy them when I need some isolation and think that they sound very good. Of course my 580s are my top dogs as are my portapros and 35s for portable but I enjoy the v-900 every now and then.
PS
I have owned the v-600 and the v-700 and gave them away for free.

Hi LOU I had and used a pair of 7509, and also a pair of the infamous V700, I know that many people here consider them very closed in sound to the V900, well this is the case, and I consider their sound very good also, and if I have to choose again between them and so many others that people are talking about here (including the DT770, 990) I would get them first, the only inconveninece of course is that they are more expensive....but the sound is better... IMO and are easier to drive also....
Next time if you are going to giveaway something just let me know, I hate to use my CD3000 while I am in bed, I'm afraid of ruin them....

Aug 19, 2003 at 11:01 AM Post #27 of 34
Sovkiller
HI: I sold the V900 a while ago but feel the need for a fun knock around phone And just ordered the phillips 890s that might be ok for bed listening but they are open cans. If that would be ok the 890s have a hugh sound-stage.

Aug 19, 2003 at 5:59 PM Post #29 of 34
hey, the v900's rule because i can fold them and shove them in my pocket and i dont have to worry about if they're gonna break because they arent flimsy like the v6 or v700.

and noone else is ever bothered by my music cause they're nice and closed.

Aug 19, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by xantus
hey, the v900's rule because i can fold them and shove them in my pocket and i dont have to worry about if they're gonna break because they arent flimsy like the v6 or v700.

and noone else is ever bothered by my music cause they're nice and closed.

The V6 or the 7506 is sturdier than the V900, it has more metal parts at least, and about the V700 is more or less the same ****, just another color, BTW all of them fold and you can shove them in your pocket also....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back