Go Radiohead
Jan 24, 2008 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

XaNE

100+ Head-Fier
Check out Weekly Top Tracks

Music Last.fm

Yes Radiohead has done it. Created a Wonderful album that will and has changed music in present and hopefully the future because u decide what to pay for there album and lately it has seemed to work it is one of the highest sold albums currently, Nice job
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by XaNE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out Weekly Top Tracks

Music Last.fm

Yes Radiohead has done it. Created a Wonderful album that will and has changed music in present and hopefully the future because u decide what to pay for there album and lately it has seemed to work it is one of the highest sold albums currently, Nice job
smily_headphones1.gif

To be fair, the thing you decide what to pay for is a low quality mp3 version of their album that includes none of the art.

The cool part is how cheap the CD released in stores is, and the do-it-yourself packaging it comes with.

I'm also wildly happy with my discbox version of it. Worth $80 and more.

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by XaNE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

What does any of this have to do with the music held within the album? I would hope most fans of this group would be able to look beyond the means of distribution! And you're gravely mistaken - Radiohead was not the first or last group to implement this distribution method... not by a long shot.

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #8 of 15
How about the Pax Cecilia? They sent me a physical CD in a cardboard digipak with a very nice booklet and a small poster for the price of $0 plus $0 shipping. Which reminds me I should donate... great music. Just send them an email and hear for yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: sorry for going a bit off-topic. On-topic, I didn't really like "In Rainbows" all that much. I do find Radiohead enjoyable, but slightly overhyped. Kid A and Amnesiac are wonderful.

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very cool gesture by Radiohead, but I must say that I absolutely hated the album. A friend of mine offered to let me rip his copy, and after hearing it in his car I told him not to bother, I thought it was garbage.

To each his own I suppose. While In Rainbows is certainly no Ok Computer or Amnesiac, it's a solid addition to their discography.

Cheers

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #11 of 15
In my opinion, the giveaway and packaging thing is just a gimmick. I do like the album though.

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by delaril /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Pax Cecilia? They sent me a physical CD in a cardboard digipak with a very nice booklet and a small poster for the price of $0 plus $0 shipping. Which reminds me I should donate... great music. Just send them an email and hear for yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the tip about Pax Cecilia, I just sent an email and will check out the CD when it arrives.

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tone Def /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To each his own I suppose. While In Rainbows is certainly no Ok Computer or Amnesiac, it's a solid addition to their discography.

Cheers

except the amnesiac blew chunks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back