Go on then...list of HF-1 serial numbers
Sep 14, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #151 of 531
yep erix, personally i'm all for more grados to get out there in the world, including HF-1. as i posted before, if they put em on a pedestal due to GAS, so be it. i am still a bit leery about the folks who

1)get a pair just to hold on to to resell on ebay later, and never listen to them b/c it would ruin its NIB status, especially

2)folks who do this who don't even come to head-fi but came to grab the cans, leave, and never come back.

yes that annoys me. and hey if annoys you, feel free to post up about it. but in the long run it doesn't hurt anyone. if a year from now someone gets their pair from that ebayer and had to pay 2x the price because none of us would ever part with ours, then indirectly that ebayer is doing us a favor - that's one more HF-1 owner in the world now who will actually listen to this can and have a big smile on their face. or put it up on a pedestal due to GAS. either or.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #152 of 531
The HF-1s will be my second pair (of great headphones). Since my 125s are open as well, I will be keeping the cans that I perfer, and most probably selling the others. That said, I have my doubts that the 125s will sound better. I'm one that may calm you down just a bit.

Materialism isn't my hobby, and I don't think that every user here has "GAS" as you put it. Every is a strong word.

When a new item/idea is introduced to people that love the topic, hype follows, and I think it's fun.

Sep 14, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #153 of 531
Just Talked To TOdd, #51 !!!!
WOw cant wait, too bad that only in the 29 of the month I will be have the $$$, so I'll have to wait till then+Shipping... HF-1 Here I come !!
orphsmile.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #154 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Shadow
Just Talked To TOdd, #51 !!!!
WOw cant wait, too bad that only in the 29 of the month I will be have the $$$, so I'll have to wait till then+Shipping... HF-1 Here I come !!
orphsmile.gif

Wow 51! Congrats Buckethead!
icon10.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #155 of 531
Damn it, just when I was doing good on not spending anymore money on cans I stumble across the HF-1 threads. Just order a pair and got off the phone with Todd a few minutes ago, he has informed me as of now the first 200 pairs of HF-1 has been sold and spoken for and is now releasing an addition 50 pairs (serial nos. 201-250). So far nos 225-234 has been spoken for, and he has begun shipping out some of the initial 200 sets. I lay claim to HF-1 no 250.

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #156 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Damn it, just when I was doing good on not spending anymore money on cans I stumble across the HF-1 threads. Just order a pair and got off the phone with Todd a few minutes ago, he has informed me as of now the first 200 pairs of HF-1 has been sold and spoken for and is now releasing an addition 50 pairs (serial nos. 201-250). So far nos 225-234 has been spoken for, and he has begun shipping out some of the initial 200 sets. I lay claim to HF-1 no 250.

WHOA already 250? Wasn't 250 what we thought the magc cutoff number might be? Come to think of it, if this offer lasts until the 30th, we might end up with 1000 cans ordered! So much for LTD hehe! (of course that would mean 1000 head-fi members would have to come out of the closet, how's that for audience participation?)

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #158 of 531
I ordered a pair of HF-1's because it seemed like as good a time as any to try better Grado's. I have only heard SR80's, and thought they sounded pretty good, but were ghastly to wear. But so many people have said that they sound good I want to try, because it will be fun. I will post impressions about how they compare to my Darth Beyers and my HD-650's, FWIW.

But if I don't like them, I will sell them, probably right here. That's how I figure out what I like. I buy, try, and then keep or resell.

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #160 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Todd informs me the cutoff number will be 500 and last day to order is still the 30th. At the rate he's been selling them I wouldn't be surprised he will sell all 500.

Only 500? A hard cutoff on # of cans? CRAP Beagle was right? Folks just hoarding a can might keep the 501st person from getting one, even before the Sept 30th date? omg

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #161 of 531
I just called Todd and he gave me #213.

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #162 of 531
Think it would be too rude of me to call him up to ask what my number is? I did the online order deal thing, and no news on what my number will be...

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #163 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatoe1313
Think it would be too rude of me to call him up to ask what my number is? I did the online order deal thing, and no news on what my number will be...

Let's just say you wouldn't be the first
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #164 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatoe1313

That's what I did, although I was mostly wanting to check that he got my order. He was very nice about confirming my order and telling me what my serial number was.

Sep 14, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #165 of 531
I just called Todd (he's a really cool guy!) to make sure that my comments with my order were coherent enough, and it's all cool (so I'm happy).

I'm even happier that I was mostly coherent while speaking with him, also
smily_headphones1.gif

Didn't ask what my number was, though; I figured I was being enough of a hassle just by calling in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back