Go Cubbies!!!
Sep 28, 2003 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
14 years later we finally win another division title!
biggrin.gif
Thank you to the Brewers, our northern brethren, for kicking some AstroTail twice in two days. Of course, our reward is that we get to face the Braves in the first round
rolleyes.gif

Oh, and go Giants! (Required exclamation in my household in order to preserve marital bliss -- I just hope that some freak astrological alignment doesn't occur that causes the Giants and Cubs to meet in the NLCS. It will tear our family apart
wink.gif
)

Sep 28, 2003 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 70
*sigh* ...

Poor Mariners..
frown.gif

They've only been two years removed from the playoffs, but already I'm feeling like they're cursed forever. It must have been that Derek Lowe/Jason Varitek for Heathcliff Slocumb trade.
tongue.gif

2001 .. 116 wins, nothing to show for it.
2002, 2003 .. Strong first half, only to fizzle and die with ~93 wins each season. How pathetic.

*sigh*. Well, I guess here's where I begin rooting for Oakland to beat everyone, including your Cubbies
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2003 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 70
I always get a smile on my face when I see the Cubs 'cause they always remind me of the Last Pennant Before Armageddon. Which was a short story by WP Kinsella where the manager of the Cubs intentionally loses a game so that the world will live to see another day because he saw God in his dream saying the world will end if the Cubs win the title.... That was wacky.

Sep 28, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #7 of 70
MacDEF, don't worry your family is safe. The Braves will see to that. Go Braves!

Sep 28, 2003 at 1:23 PM Post #9 of 70
This is what I love about this years playoffs:

Twins
Marlins

Just two more daggars in Selig's "can't compete with smaller payrolls" rubbish.

Plus the Royals hung in there till the end, as did the fighting Phils.
biggrin.gif

And you have to hand it to the Brewers. Way to play tough and be the true spoiler. Ned Yost did a great job there, considering the circumstances.

Art Howe should take a lesson.

Todays the last game at the Vet in Philly by the way.

Sep 28, 2003 at 1:27 PM Post #10 of 70
williamgoody: That is my make a wish series(yanks-red sox) of the entire playoffs. They will get after each other and the fans will be wild on both sides!

Sep 28, 2003 at 1:43 PM Post #11 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
williamgoody: That is my make a wish series(yanks-red sox) of the entire playoffs. They will get after each other and the fans will be wild on both sides!

LOL, boy, don't I know it! Yanks/ Red Sox is always fun, win or lose. I still feel it's one of the best, if not THE best rivalry in sports, and that's all because of the fans.

Sep 28, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #12 of 70
Well it's about damn time!

"Do they still play the blues in Chicago,
when baseball season rolls around.
When the snow melts away,
do the Cubbies still play
in their ivy covered burial ground?
When I was a boy they were my pride and joy
but now they only bring fatigue
to the home of the brave
the land of the free
and the doormat of the National League."
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Hee hee, just remembered that in Blues Brothers that Elwood put down his address as 1060 W Addison on his drivers license.

Sep 28, 2003 at 3:51 PM Post #13 of 70
You gotta love the Cubs. They're the only team I've ever seen score 22 runs...and lose the game
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2003 at 3:52 PM Post #14 of 70
Ah, figures the Cubs would start winning the year I stopped watching.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back