Glen Frey of the Eagles has died...
Jan 18, 2016 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ivabign

Headphoneus Supremus
Jesus, this is no fun this year...

Jan 18, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 9
Thank you Glen Frey for all the joy you brought to my life.  Starting in 1973 I was privileged to see the Eagles perform 14 times.  I was there at the Staples Center on Dec 31, 1999 for the Millennium Concert.  I was there at the Yum Center for the first night of the History of the Eagles tour.  What a joy it was to see Frey and Henley walk out and perform Saturday Night on two guitars as an opening tune.  It was a big thrill to have a reconciled Bernie Leadon join for that night and the rest of the tour. 

I have attended more than 400 hundred concerts but the only tour souvenirs I ever bought were Eagles baseball jerseys.  My most indelible music memories all revolve around the Eagles.  I will miss them greatly.  RIP Glen Frey

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 9
The drummer from Mott The Hoople (Dale Griffin) passed away as well - 67 years old. Not as big a star, but knew how to lay down a beat

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 9
Well within the next up coming ten years all the 60s and 70s legends will be going. Good they will be leaving us some good music.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #7 of 9
The Month The Music Died?
OMG, I can't believe it, that crushes me. 
color]

I'll never forget the first time I saw him at Sportsman Park in Chicago. It was 1971 or 2 and this new band called The Eagles was opening for and then later backing Linda Ronstadt.. They did their opening set and my musical world was never the same.
Last time I saw him was at the World Theater in Chicago, Hell Freezes Over tour in 1994. Paid out the butt for those tickets but it didn't matter, I'd have paid anything to see that Eagles comeback.
Can't believe I'll never see him again, the world at my age is getting too small.

PS For Eagles fans Don Henley released Cass County about 6 months ago. It's a "can't live without"
album. Really rolls back to the sound of the 70s Eagles.
If you're a true music lover your collection isn't complete without the entire Eagles catalog and the Glenn Frey and Don Henley solo releases. One of the top 5 musical acts of the rock generation.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 9
Really sad few weeks in the music world...Natalie Cole, Scott Weiland, Lemmy, David Bowie and now Glenn Frey. I've been a huge Eagles fan since my teen years in the 1980s and I happily own all of their records and they've been in my regular queue for 30 years. RIP Glenn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back