Glasses and earpads???
Feb 1, 2009 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
For people that wear glasses (especially thicker/wider temple arms), do you wear full sized headphone (with pleather or leather pads) with your glasses on? And do the earpads get deformed or imprinted by the temple arms?

I usually wear contacts and don't worry about this. But now I wear my glasses a lot due to more study time...

Feb 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 13
I wear contacts mostly as well but often times at night or in the morning I wear my glasses and I have no problems with my headphones. I never paid attention to whether the earpieces left imprints but if they do the imprints are only temporary cause there are none there now.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 13
I wear glasses and use full-sized headphones. My glasses' arms are fairly narrow and I've never had a problem with headphones.

Have you thought about a second pair for headphone use? I've bought several extra pairs through the companies listed at Glassy Eyes. You can get a spare pair for $20.00 or a little more. Really. I've ordered three pairs and quality is good. So get a pair with thin arms as a backup/headphone listening pair.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 13
I wear glasses and use full-size headphones.
The combination have not cause me any problems so far. No discomfort and no deformed earpads.

Feb 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #6 of 13
I always wear glasses (I can't see 6 inches in front of my face without them) and it's never been uncomfortable, even with my old HD-280s.

Feb 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 13
Wearing glasses for 18 years now and I've only had troubles with the most clamping of headphones. Honestly, my UE Super.fi 5 EB are more uncomfortable with glasses than most full-size headphones I've tried.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 13
I wear glasses, no problems with the grados, the arms go over the bowls, the 990's velour pads have instead been slightly marked, it's just a cosmetic damage, however...

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #10 of 13
I wear glasses when on the computer but not otherwise. That's where I listen to my headphones too. DT990pro and glasses don't cause me any discomfort but then DT990 are one of the most comfortable headphones made. I thought HD595 were comfortable but DT990 are even better. My DT990 velur pads have no marks from glasses either. I just buy those smallish and light reading glasses from the drug store or dollar store.

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #11 of 13
I wear glasses allday long so with my headphones.
Didn't do anything special with my ESW9 (Supra), or my A900(Circum) even if I change the pads by W5000's ones.
Both are really comfy

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #13 of 13
The problem for me is maintaining a seal. WIth my HFI-780, it's very dependent on seal. My old pair of glasses stuck out the back a bit too much, and it let too much air in, which led to lack of bass. However with my D1001, they aren't as dependent on seal, and I absolutely love using them with my glasses. Even more with my new pair which is shorter and slightly thinner. Very slight change in sound, but to my ears it's negligible. I'm thinking it's how soft the earpads are, the ones on the HFI-780 are a bit still, while the D1001's is squishy.

Now my journey for the ideal phone continues. When I ordered the DT770 consumer from Amazon, its cups were very big, barely fit my head but I was able to keep a seal. Now I'm wondering if I should go to open phones, but I don't like leakage since I'm in dorms... time to audition some phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back