give up on foobar2000
Jan 14, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #46 of 53
Blasphemy!
wink.gif

Does that mean that you are without music, or are you using something else?

Jan 14, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #47 of 53
Every time I get charged up about some "wonderful' "easy" playback program, I download a trial, spend 20 minutes trying to replicate what I can do in Foobar2000, then delete the thing.

Spend the couple hours making the thing as pretty as you want, functional as you want, and put some time into making asio and bitperfect do their thing. Once you have it figured out, its easy setting up an upgrade, or on another computer.

Jan 14, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every time I get charged up about some "wonderful' "easy" playback program, I download a trial, spend 20 minutes trying to replicate what I can do in Foobar2000, then delete the thing.

Lol, story of my audio life. I just got through uninstalling mediamonkey, and I just uninstalled winamp for the third time last night. There is just too much bloat in all those programs, drives me nuts. Foobar may be a pain sometimes, but its my favorite player, for sure.

Here is a screenshot of my simple layout:

Album art in the top left, then three browser windows, albums, artists, and genres respectively. Bottom half of the screen is Navigator Suite.

Jan 15, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #50 of 53
Why isn't there a "foobar2000 code thread" where people post the codes they used for other to have?? Kinda like people do on the Flash and Linux Forums to get programs to work...

Jan 15, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why isn't there a "foobar2000 code thread" where people post the codes they used for other to have?? Kinda like people do on the Flash and Linux Forums to get programs to work...

The problem is that Foobar uses a combination of multiple codes, layout, and components to create any one configuration. In the early days of the Foobar Gallery thread, people would post their full configs as .rar folders. People don't want to do that anymore for whatever reason. It's too bad.

(I'll share whatever I've created but I can't in fairness hand on code given to me by others - that prevents me from posting a .rar file since I didin't create my playlist view. The rest I can share.)

Jan 15, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #52 of 53
Why did people stop posting thier config code? it would make the GUI thing so simple. Kinda like a myspace layout type deal. All it is is a code, why are people so protective over it?

I would post up if I acually took the time to learn it...but I hate code. Hell, I hate writing flash code as it sits, and that isn't even THAT complicated (nor am I that good at it yet, lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back