Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
Aug 24, 2011 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Questhate

500+ Head-Fier

I just wanted to spotlight this new album from what is quickly becoming one of my favorite working indie bands. 

While their debut album, Album, was a bit rough around the edges, it showcased a new band with a original voice and a solid grasp of evocative pop songwriting. Their follow-up Broken Dreams Club EP provided a glimpse of a band truly refining their sound, as the songwriting got tighter and Christopher Owens really coming into his own as a lyricist. 

The new record shows them much more polished and mature as a band. In the internet age of over-saturated media, especially in music, it's refreshing to see a band carve out their own unique voice -- even as their sound is a throwback to classic rock and blues. It's a seductive mix of familiarity and freshness. 

The album leaked on the internet, but is officially released Sept. 13th. 

Here's the first single, "Vomit", from the new record:

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 8
I have to admit to not caring for the first album, thanks for the heads up on this one, will give it a listen.
beerchug.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 8
Not saying Pitchfork is the final word on anything, but they were the first professional review I saw posted so i linked it. Don't be elitist. You don't have to agree with everything they say, but they do have fairly decent coverage. 

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Pitchfork paired with a genrename that includes "indie" is a formula for disaster. I don't realy find this album interesting, but then again, I don't find the whole indie thing interesting.

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 8
I agree with Radio-head, after listening to it a few times I really enjoyed it overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back