Girlfriends
Jul 23, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #46 of 61
well... since my wife and i first met, she has known i was passionate about music.
and, through the years, my focus has changed....  from cds to vinyl, to speakers, to SACD, to live concerts, to picking up the guitar, to headphones....
no matter what, it's always been music.

but, she just rolls with the changes.
she's pretty great that way. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #48 of 61
Seaside I am right there with you. But my wife does like the after meet parties.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #50 of 61
My last g/f was a zero-sum "fairness" junkie. Everything was prefaced by "do you think it's fair that...____?" She was always asking why I needed what I have, as if my having was depriving someone else. I have multiple headphones, cars, kayaks, etc., and this lady was just beside herself about it. I tolerated and tried to educate, but no luck so she's gone.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #51 of 61

Quote:
Seaside I am right there with you. But my wife does like the after meet parties.

So, I am not alone? But you somehow able to take your wife to meet parties and still alive? :)

Quote:
My last g/f was a zero-sum "fairness" junkie. Everything was prefaced by "do you think it's fair that...____?" She was always asking why I needed what I have, as if my having was depriving someone else. I have multiple headphones, cars, kayaks, etc., and this lady was just beside herself about it. I tolerated and tried to educate, but no luck so she's gone.

You could be with her happy ever after if you gave up educating her. Man didn't get that. :)

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #53 of 61
Seaside, yes barely alive. My 9pm listening to music she has started to have a problem with. Be careful, you think you may have the perfect compromise and the women change the rules?

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #56 of 61
yea, certain names tick me off to different time periods. As do certain FOTMs. It's like dating fossils from the types of animal and plant life remains around it. p    plant and animal life remains  pla

I'm at a stage in my life where women come and go, nothing too serious, I can do what hobbies I want, have dinner with whichever girl I want, that kind of thing. Relationships will probably take it a little adjustment, that's kind of 'meh' for me.

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #57 of 61
Well think threads have been down this path before but let us have another go: Basically you don't let them know with small white lies or "I forgot to meantion this to you" if they find out. I'm a gamer too and usually since I'm still studying not telling her stuff like that course she can't handle it some times. Especially my lady has a thing for buying something big and expensive for most of her money for both of us and when I some months spend more than a few bucks on something for my self she is better of not knowing. Shes always on about when I'm going to finish this book or watching this movie or tv series or game or what not if shes not involved. Even thought I always tells her it a never end part of my life she just refuse to get it. But I love her and as far as I can tell its going for kids soon and forever and ever so as long as I can handle her and bring the money so I don't violate the food budget etc. it will work.

I try to if possible tell her years in advanced of big spendings like a major overhual or what not. She already knows that the day I have enough to both pay of the student loan and save for the house payout I'm going to set aside for a big surround/audio/radio system for our TV (we don't have any system right now except my headphone systems) and find a used Mazda MX-5 to fiddle with. I've been telling her that for a few years and it will take 1-2 years before I get enough money for making that come true. She accepts it as part of the package called her husband if it keeps being labeled up as such.

BTW some things like PC overhauls or upgrades for what amounts to up to 1000€ is getting easier over the years since the money is getting bigger. But I fear a little when the kids come along.

Jul 31, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #59 of 61
If every pair of headphones I owned was a girlfriend, I would be a pimp.

Seriously though, sometimes I feel like audio brings far more satisfaction than a romantic relationship.

Besides, I bet I have better cans than any girlfriend I'll ever have.
devil_face.gif
wink.gif

+1 for failed puns.

Jul 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #60 of 61

Quote:
If every pair of headphones I owned was a girlfriend, I would be a pimp.

If every pair of headphones I've owned was a girlfriend.. I'd have a lot of dead girlfriends. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back