Gimme indie!! e.g Modest, BSS, Valley of Giants (uplifting a +)
Jun 28, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #31 of 36
hmmmm, i need to try to listen to some of this stuff...maybe the secondspin nearby will have some....but i wont hold my breath. a trip out to Amoeba is probably necessary. too bad im not in berkeley...

thanks for the suggestions guys.

Jun 29, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #33 of 36
oh, i know about the hollywood amoeba. I just miss my usual stores in the bay area, thats all. the SF amoeba always stole money from my wallet.

Jun 29, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #34 of 36
I THINK this is what you call indie but I really like The Radio Dept., although I've only heard one cd called Lesser Matters.

Quote:

Mum's "Yesterday Was Dramatic, Today is OK" album is one that's on heavy rotation for me right now, definitely try it out.

I am a big fan of mum. Personally I have listened to their "Finally we are no one" cd the most and haven't really spent much time with the others yet =). If you find you like mum, try out Ulrich Schnauss' cds "A Strangely Isolated Place" and "Far Away Trains Passing By". And if anybody knows any more great electronic music similar to the above PLEASE tell me! =D

Jun 30, 2004 at 8:51 AM Post #36 of 36
malkmus used to be in Pavement... my favorite band

my favs: brighten the corners, crooked rain crooked rain, and slanted & enchanted

i saw the unicorns live.. theyre some lameass canucks... 2 80lb guys who cant fill their tshirts making bad jokes and worse music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back