Gilmore Lite (What do to?)
Mar 31, 2010 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

intricate28

Head-Fier
Ok! So I ordered a Glite about 2 weeks ago, never heard from Jutsin, got on the forums, got a thread locked (mostly people complaining about his lack of communication), and have been waiting patiently.

Ummm, now this amp is discontinued.............So with no communication from Justin, does that mean that I will be getting a refund? Should I still want to even purchase it if he is building me one? Should I just get him to bump me to a GS-1 and pay the difference?

How can I even find out what my options are? Does anyone have any reliable way to contact him?

EDIT: Since this thread was started, things have gotten better, and Justin is getting very close to sending out the GS-1's.

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 85
First, there are no "reliable" ways to contact Justin so don't waste your time. Well you can send an e-mail but don't expect a response - in my experience, he at least reads his e-mail regularly.

If it's been 2 weeks and nothing has happened, I would assume that your order went through and Justin will eventually deliver your amp. As I just mentioned, he seems to usually check his e-mail frequently so if there's a reason for a refund, most likely he would've issued one by now.

The GS-1 improves on the Gilmore Lite but most of the "improvement" is a greater degree of sonic transparency with respect to the source component, so if your source isn't up to par, the GS-1 will just reveal its shortcomings. Also if you don't need the features of the GS-1 (two inputs, pre-amp output, gain switch, dual headphone jacks) then I would suggest not getting it.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 85
I can imagine your concern. Asr certainly has the right of it, I think. I'd only add that you may want to try calling Justin. I've had lots of luck with that route myself. He'll pick up if he's there.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by intricate28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So with no communication from Justin, does that mean that I will be getting a refund?

Well, is that not obvious?
If you pay for an item and end up not getting it because it has been discontinued - then getting a full refund is to be expected.

Quote:

Should I still want to even purchase it if he is building me one?

I say you should.
Just for the fact that you wanted in the first place - and also probably because it is now discontinued.

Quote:

Should I just get him to bump me to a GS-1 and pay the difference?

Your call. I am sure he would allow you to do so.

Quote:

How can I even find out what my options are? Does anyone have any reliable way to contact him?

Probably none besides getting ahold of Justin.
Not sure about reliable ways, but you have at least five methods - email, phone, private message, letter, personal visit.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 85
Ok....

Assuming you are the right person, and from the gear listed in your signature I believe you are

- I sent you 2 emails, 4 days ago
- I received an email from you today at 2AM, but now you were on your wife's email account. I replied to it, then saw this thread.

Quote:

Ok! So I ordered a Glite about 2 weeks ago

do you mean last week?

Do I have the wrong person?

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 31, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 85
Justin didn't mention in his above post but I would believe that if he accepted your money he probably has one he's building for you. You might even be lucky enough to be getting the last one. I know it can be frustrating but the wait is certainly worth it as the GLite is an excellent amp. I hope you end up getting it.

Peace,

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin didn't mention in his above post but I would believe that if he accepted your money he probably has one he's building for you. You might even be lucky enough to be getting the last one. I know it can be frustrating but the wait is certainly worth it as the GLite is an excellent amp. I hope you end up getting it.

Peace,

x2, i'd wait whatever time is necessary, the amp is certainly worth it.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 85
Spoke to Justin today and got hooked up! He no longer builds DPS for the Glite but he is going to hook me up with one! So I will be getting one of the last Glites and def the last one that will be built with a DPS! I'm really excited as I'm sure that its going to sound great, and be worth some money later if I want to upgrade!!!!!!!!

Mar 31, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #11 of 85
Quote:

Spoke to Justin today and got hooked up! He no longer builds DPS for the Glite but he is going to hook me up with one! So I will be getting one of the last Glites and def the last one that will be built with a DPS! I'm really excited as I'm sure that its going to sound great, and be worth some money later if I want to upgrade!!!!!!!!

Amazing news. You are indeed a very lucky Head-fi'er.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #13 of 85
Quote:

Spoke to Justin today and got hooked up! <snip>

Nice to hear. That you have talked to him and that you definitely will get your Gilmore Lite.
Plus even a DPS = one lucky fellow.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #14 of 85
Ya he really did me right! He's even going to add something on the amp/DPS that is going to show when it was made so that if I ever want to sell it I can prove it was at the end of the run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back