Gilmore Lite now $499?
Nov 2, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #31 of 46
Justin,

One of the complaints around here for quite some time has been that the actual wait times are always longer than the published wait times. As a potential future buyer who is very interested in a GS-1 or GS-X, this is somewhat disconcerting, as it would be nice to have a better idea about actual wait times at the time of purchase. If the wait times are indeed longer than eight weeks, would it be possible to let us know up front about how long we'll have to wait? I'd be much more comfortable buying your product if that was communicated in the beginning.

Thanks for following this thread. I do think that it shows your dedication to customer service.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #32 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At $499, if you push it, you can probably build a single-ended B22.
eek.gif

Why does someone always feel the need to post completely irrelevant comments like this?
Smiley-Facepalm.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why does someone always feel the need to post completely irrelevant comments like this?
Smiley-Facepalm.gif

It is a bad habit I picked up from various other places.
wink.gif

Getting back to topic, perhaps this could give interested parties an idea of the general waiting time. A local friend ordered the Gilmore Lite in May and his unit just arrived today so give or take, that is about 6 months. I would probably drop by in his place to take a listen in the near future.

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #34 of 46
justin's products are solid but the wait times are unreasonable and bear little to no relation to what is stated on the web site. i considered ordering a BHSE but figured it would be so long before i actually received it that it was not worth it. maybe i will pick up one used at some point.

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #35 of 46
Getting closer in price to the AudioGD Roc, which is going to curb stomp it.

Edit: a beta for $500? Let's see someone do this with retail priced parts, and I'll believe it.

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #36 of 46
Quality cost!
..and I would suspect the reason (or parts of it) for the price increase comes from higher part costs. Since I assume most of it are imported into the US from Asia or like. With the decreased USD value that is to be expected.

Nov 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit: a beta for $500? Let's see someone do this with retail priced parts, and I'll believe it.

You could comfortably, without breaking a sweat, with custom FPE panels build a SE EHHA and get B22 matchin/beating sound quality while you are at it.

A B22 would be really tough to build at that price.

Nov 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #38 of 46
It's a shame really. I've been trying to pick up a Gilmore Lite used for over a month now, faithfully trolling the site in hopes one would turn up. Each one that came up was gone in hours. The demand is obviously there and I had gotten frustrated to the point where I was ready to stretch my budget to buy a new one at $399. I'm sure it's a good amp but now it's too much for someone looking to get started. Good luck Justine, you obviously know how to build an amp.
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #39 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Getting closer in price to the AudioGD Roc, which is going to curb stomp it.

Serious Q, why do you think that?

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #41 of 46
Snap.

I should have guessed that =P

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #43 of 46
lol are you saying that thing is the same as a gilmore lite? because if it isn't, I'm confused as to why you would even post that picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
b52.jpg

Says you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back