Ghost Sightings
Mar 3, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #16 of 54
There was a very creepy instance back in Vietnam when i was a kid, hopefully it was only coincidence. In the province where i lived, there was this creek behind my house, well one night i saw this figure, down there it just stood there, had no idea what it was, but my dog barked at it all night. The next evening we found it dead right where the figure was at. Ever since then nothing creepy has happened.

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #20 of 54
Ghost Glasses for sale!!!
Yes people, these are the real thing!!! Just put these special glasses on, and "IF" a ghost comes by you, youll be able to see it!!!

Just send me $50. Shipping is free!!!

wink.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #21 of 54
It is easy to find a ghost. Just watch the Univ of Texas basketball team. They have REALLY dissapeared. Darn it.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #25 of 54
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

LOL
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #26 of 54
I don't know for certain if I've seen one. My parents have an old summer house in Nova Scotia. One night, I dreamed that I'd been abandoned by my friend in a big multi-plex theater--then the screen went dark. In the dream, I heard someone come around from the front of the theater by the far aisle up to the row in which I was sitting. 'He' walked down my row and sat next to me. I could 'feel' him there, but I couldn't hear him move or breathe. Panicking I kept yelling at him to tell me who the hell he was. I heard a very dry whisper say, "Do you really want to know who I am?" And I felt his hand touch the back of my neck. It was all bones.

So of course I woke-up hollering in bed. I actually bellowed "WHO!!!" as I woke up. And there was a figure with a white face and something like a black suit floating directly over me. It seemed like it was about four feet up. It's eyes were completely closed, but it was smiling this long malicious smile. Then it stretched its arms out and lay its head on its shoulder, and my eyes squirmed (focusing) and it was gone. Of course I hadn't been entirely awake but it took me a few hours to scold myself to get back under the covers and sleep. I didn't tell anyone.

The next year, I heard my sister making gasping noises as she struggled with a nightmare. She screamed out, "What is it? What!" My parents got out of bed to check on her. When I asked her about it the next day, she said that she had been dreaming that she was being chased by something that she was afraid to turn around and look at. When she woke yelling, something amorphous and dark was floating over her. And then it was gone.

What does that sort of thing mean? I don't have a clue, but I don't think that easy dismissal is justified. IMHO.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #27 of 54
yeah, I've seen a ghost, it's jobs in this economy.
My mother is from the old school superstition folk lore era,
let's put it this way, she put a silver coin in some soup to cure her coughing.
only it was lung cancer. she showed me the dark coin thinking it would cure her. so her belief system is much more different than mine.
I have other things to be fearful of which is what I tell my nephews.
Reality is scary enough.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #28 of 54
Didn't see anything but I sure felt something. Back in the mid-70's I worked in a minimum security lockup and one unit had a rep for unexplained sightings.
I was sitting around shooting the breeze with some of the residents one night when the subject came up. Curious, I spoke to the chaplin the next day, told him to meet me on the third floor during the dinner hour with a bottle of holy water. After much sputtering he agreed and upon entering the unit I began to summon the alledged spirit. In the midst of my invocation it seemed the temperature suddenly dropped maybe 30 degrees and the chaplin started screaming, "what should we do?". Always known for my perverse sense of humor, as I ran for the elevator, I told him to stay where he was and I'd go for help. The look on his face was priceless!
Damned if I can figure out what happened that evening but it was a long time before I tried anything like that again.
Spiritboxer 0 Restless Revenant 1
True story, I kid you not.

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So of course I woke-up hollering in bed. I actually bellowed "WHO!!!" as I woke up. And there was a figure with a white face and something like a black suit floating directly over me. It seemed like it was about four feet up. It's eyes were completely closed, but it was smiling this long malicious smile. Then it stretched its arms out and lay its head on its shoulder, and my eyes squirmed (focusing) and it was gone. Of course I hadn't been entirely awake but it took me a few hours to scold myself to get back under the covers and sleep. I didn't tell anyone.

The next year, I heard my sister making gasping noises as she struggled with a nightmare. She screamed out, "What is it? What!" My parents got out of bed to check on her. When I asked her about it the next day, she said that she had been dreaming that she was being chased by something that she was afraid to turn around and look at. When she woke yelling, something amorphous and dark was floating over her. And then it was gone.

What does that sort of thing mean? I don't have a clue, but I don't think that easy dismissal is justified. IMHO.

I used to have very vivid waking dream-things like that fairly regularly. Some of them were quite frightening. The most bizarre one was an Indian that stood at the foot of the bed staring at me, then left without a word.

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #30 of 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Back