Ghost of Tsushima is a must-buy
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

LouisArmstrong

1000+ Head-Fier
Probably the best looking game I have seen. Make no mistake - I have a PC with 2080Ti and have seen what AAA games look at 4K HDR with all options maxed out these days. And Ghost of Tsushima is just a PS4 game (obviously you will have to play on a 4K TV and PS4 Pro to get the most out of it). The sound effects and music cues are also marvellous. The end of Act 2 reminds me the final scene of RDR2 when Arthur was on the horse and music played. Only Ghost did it better, both graphically and musically. I play it on a full 7.1.4 setup but it is also good using just headphones - just remember to switch between home theatre and headphone modes when you do that change. Even if you don't like open world games, just riding around and taking in the scenery is more than worth its price.

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 36
definitely an awesome game!

Surpassed all my expectations

Sep 25, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 36
It was basically a game I had been waiting for all my life. We need more samurai games like this.
And that ending, so powerful. Manly tears were shed. No shame.

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #6 of 36
YES! This game is awesome. I keep running around looking for new things to explore and collect and admiring the views instead of doing the main missions! I have close to 50 hours and I've barely advanced the story. I rarely use the fast travel in order to take in the views and cinematic experience.

Oct 5, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 36
I definitely recommend it. Especially now, since a patch with much requested features is hitting next week.

Nov 1, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #10 of 36
Very impressive visuals, I'm luving the style! Very realistic facial animations and I'd say best PS4 animations I've seen besides God of War.

The visuals on Youtube videos do not so justice, and provide false assumptions of quality. I didn't think much of it frlm Youtube videos, but if actually playing the real game, wow. It's stunning! Still doesn't top God of War (PS4), which is the highest benchmark of graphics quality.

The general design aestitics is very beautiful and well presented.

In terms of gameplay, great responsive controls, but not all that original. Borrows from other games. I prefer The Last of Us gamplay style, although similar. So far, I find the story and characters vanilla and not engaging.

I've been reading on Reddit, Ghost is better than The Last of Us 2. I don't think so.

I've also been playing Red Dead Redeption 2, and the facial animations do mot compare. Very primmative in comparason to Ghost.

I was all hyped with FF7 remake and this one was under the radar, but this one is definately worth checking out as I was slightly let down by FF7 remakes.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #11 of 36
Probably the best looking game I have seen. Make no mistake - I have a PC with 2080Ti and have seen what AAA games look at 4K HDR with all options maxed out these days. And Ghost of Tsushima is just a PS4 game (obviously you will have to play on a 4K TV and PS4 Pro to get the most out of it). The sound effects and music cues are also marvellous. The end of Act 2 reminds me the final scene of RDR2 when Arthur was on the horse and music played. Only Ghost did it better, both graphically and musically. I play it on a full 7.1.4 setup but it is also good using just headphones - just remember to switch between home theatre and headphone modes when you do that change. Even if you don't like open world games, just riding around and taking in the scenery is more than worth its price.
RDR2 animation suck. I think the general visual tech is way outdated at the time. The only real impressive part was the amount of detailed work behind the towns, cities, and nature (how much depth there is). Other than that I found the game lots of unnecessary horse riding and constant robbing and shootout, which gets old. I was expwcting more. The begining was so bland and boring, and then whem the story picks up, it becomes more engaging. The gameplay is bla at best.

Edit: What really funny coming from RDR2 is that I end up slashing my horse with the Katana when I want to ride the horse because the same button is to ride on RDR2. lol

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #12 of 36
Nice to see a western developer make a good Japanese game. I hope it is not as hard as Sekiro though...
Nah difficulty is quite easy no comparison to Sekiro

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #13 of 36
There are several difficulty settings, including one where you die in one or two hits (and so do enemies).

Feb 5, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 36
I will admit I put it on easy for the duals. Man, were they difficult! Duels are really cool though. The controls feels really intuitive. Just that I suck at the game the problem. lol.

Feb 6, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #15 of 36
Give yourself time to learn the combat mechanics and it will be more enjoyable, the duels in particular. Things actually get easier as the game progresses because you get more tools at your disposal. Only callouts get more difficult, because you get progressively less time to react.

I can give you a good tip for stance-switching, if you have difficulty remembering which is which:
The X is for sword guys, because X looks like two swords crossed.
The O is for shield guys, because O looks like a shield.
The /\ is for spearmen, because the /\ looks like the tip of a spear.
The [] is for big guys, because they are blocky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back