Ghost of Tsushima is a must-buy
Feb 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #16 of 36
Give yourself time to learn the combat mechanics and it will be more enjoyable, the duels in particular. Things actually get easier as the game progresses because you get more tools at your disposal. Only callouts get more difficult, because you get progressively less time to react.

I can give you a good tip for stance-switching, if you have difficulty remembering which is which:
The X is for sword guys, because X looks like two swords crossed.
The O is for shield guys, because O looks like a shield.
The /\ is for spearmen, because the /\ looks like the tip of a spear.
The [] is for big guys, because they are blocky.
That's one of the issues I had. I didn't know how to react properly, and also was a slow-poke. lol There was a point I had to fight a group of Ronins. That was hell.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 36
That's one of the issues I had. I didn't know how to react properly, and also was a slow-poke. lol There was a point I had to fight a group of Ronins. That was hell.
Ronins can be tricky at first, but once you notice that their stance switch precedes an attack by approximately 1 second, they become easier to parry.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #18 of 36
Ronins can be tricky at first, but once you notice that their stance switch precedes an attack by approximately 1 second, they become easier to parry.
I'm one of those people that has trouble with Dark Souls type games, and have no patience to figure them out. It's a nice direction that 3d gameplay creating skills in gameplay however, but I am clueless in figuring them out on my own unfortunately.

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #22 of 36
This is on my to-play list
In August the Directors Cut Edition including the new Story DLC will be released.

Perfect opportunity to start for everyone who missed out so far

Aug 17, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #24 of 36
trying to wait to play it on a PS5 but the wait for one of those is completely unknown. I should just forget it even exists lol

Aug 17, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #25 of 36
trying to wait to play it on a PS5 but the wait for one of those is completely unknown. I should just forget it even exists lol
Follow Matt Swisher on Twitter. Set notifications for his posts. This year he has been letting people know about the different PS5 drops at different stores when they are going to be available, when they open up, and the best way to get access. Because of his info, I got in on a Gamestop bundle about a month ago. Without his heads up I never would ha e been able to jump on when they were available. Thoroughly enjoying it now

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #26 of 36
Follow Matt Swisher on Twitter. Set notifications for his posts. This year he has been letting people know about the different PS5 drops at different stores when they are going to be available, when they open up, and the best way to get access. Because of his info, I got in on a Gamestop bundle about a month ago. Without his heads up I never would ha e been able to jump on when they were available. Thoroughly enjoying it now
I got about 10 matt swisher's pop up

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #27 of 36
guess I'll just ad them all :p

Sep 3, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #29 of 36
Lucky you! Probably the first, if not one of when I finally get my hands on a ps5

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #30 of 36
Tsushima is great but I took a break after getting to Act 2 and finding out there'll be Director's Cut... completed Sekiro while waiting for DC and boy oh boy... I cannot get used to Tsushima now. I know it's a different game but I just don't get the same satisfaction with its sword combat that I had with Sekiro. I'll try to play something else for now and then wrap up Tsushima.

Hats off to Miyazaki :heart_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back