Getting the last few %...
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Stekos

Head-Fier
Looking for info on what music app to use.   My setup is as follows:

Source:  MacBookPro for Lossless CD rips and some 96x24 and 192x24 files from HDTracks.

The laptop is plugged into a Nuforce Icon HDP with a mini-optical cable.

I also use 650D headphones with the Icon.

So I think I have a fairly decent setup from the raw digital data files to the headphones.  Now, I'm trying to figure out what app to use on the Mac.  I tested VLC, Soundbird and iTunes side by side.  It seemed to me that VLC was cleaner/faster than the other 2.  Overall, there seemed to be a real difference in the sound from VLC and Soundbird/iTunes.  Soundbird and iTunes didn't seem to have a lot of difference.  Of course, I have to use VLC or Soundbird for the 24bit audio files.

I was actually shocked to hear that much of a difference in the music application.  So, the question I pose to the experts out there, which app is best for Mac? 

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 3
I’m certainly no expert here, however I’ve stressed it enough within my last couple of posts to use the Foobar2000 / WASAPI combo, rather than iTunes or Winamp etc etc. Although I don’t know whether it works with a laptop, or a Mac? Hope you can get some better help from what I can offer, sorry mate.

Cheers!

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back