Getting service : Musiland vs Tianyun vs Yulong
Jul 26, 2008 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Headdie

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

My Musiland LILO3 just blew up a few days ago. It was only a month old. I emailed support@musiland but ain't got an answer. I suppose it's the name of the game when you buy from China.

Now, I would like to buy another USB DAC HeadAmp. I guess it's over for me with Musiland. I'm considering a Tianyun ZERO or Yulong DAH1, but I'd like a minimum support in case of a problem.

What's your experience with Musiland, Tianyun or Yulong support? Or, is it better to buy from a dealer like Pacific Valve for support?

Thanks,

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you try contacting the seller you purchased the unit from?

Yes, the seller also. I'm still waiting... Now, I've just read about SquareTrade. It looks interesting to mitigate the risk...

Jul 27, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 7
So uhm... how did it "just blow up"? If it's really nothing of your fault, pester the seller some more until you get at least some response.

If it was something you did that caused it to fail, describe it and we might be able to help you fix it. If it's something not too bad, I'd offer to buy it and try to fix it myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So uhm... how did it "just blow up"? ...describe it and we might be able to help you fix it.

I was simply listening, preparing a Headfi review, and it suddenly shut off, even if it was still powered by the USB. It was dead silent for a second, and then a strange noise began, like a low frequency rotor starting slowly but going faster and faster... hard to decribe... Anyway, my reaction was to pull the plug to unpower it. Then I let it relax for 30 seconds and plug it again in the USB to see/hear, but nothing happened... the thing was dead... No more USB sound, no more LED turning on, no more reaction from the computer when I plug it in... But when it's plugged, I can hear a slight humm if I get my ear on it and listen carefully... end of the story... Now it looks like the beast is glued and can't be opened gently... Would I have a USB to 220v adapter, I could try to wake it up...

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 7
I recently bought a Yulong DAH1 USB DAC from the ebay seller, and it arrived dead.

The seller usually responded within 24 hours to all my queries, and was very, very helpful. I would rank the customer service at maybe 4 out of 5 stars, losing a star only because his English skills weren't top notch. I emailed this poor guy maybe 15 times. He never got frustrated, and was always friendly and very helpful.

I have quite a lengthy post about it all, search under 'Yulong', and see the post under my screen name.

The new one works perfectly, is very versatile, sounds great, and am very pleased with it. The ones being shipped now are actually an improved model over the one on the website - has the word "mark" on the faceplate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back