Getting pop-up ads!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #18 of 29
@canthearyou - First, I'd like to thank you for letting me know about the pop-ups you're seeing. We do take these reports seriously.

I've been doing some searching, and since I noted that a couple of the reports you've made have cloudfront.net in the URL of the offending ad. I ran a few searches, and I've seen a number of pages discussing cloudfront.net pop-ups.

What version of the Android OS are you using, and on what device? The more information we have to investigate with, the better.

I don't currently have an Android device to test with to try and recreate the same use cases, but I have tried with my iPhone, and haven't seen any of the ads you've mentioned. Nevertheless, I am still on the lookout for any possible causes so that we can get this remedied.

Nov 2, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #19 of 29
Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 7.0.
I have very, very few apps on this phone. All are from the Play Store and all scan clean/safe using the built-in Lookout security app.

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #22 of 29
I've removed every non stock app from my phone. I did a complete cache flush of Chrome from safe mode.

Nov 4, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #25 of 29
I just clicked on this thread to read the most recent post and got this. Screenshot_20171104-190031.png

Nov 4, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #26 of 29
There is definitely something on this site that triggers the pop-up.

Nov 4, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #28 of 29
Only this one. I am on Facebook multiple times throughout the day on the web page, not the app. I never, ever got a pop-up. I also open/visit a number of sites and don't get a pop-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back