Getting pop-up ads!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by canthearyou, Oct 23, 2017.
Next

Last
  1. canthearyou
    Just started a few days ago. I get a pop-up ad that takes me away from Head-Fi. I have to hit back multiple times to get back to Head-fi. This is on my Galaxy S8.
    Screenshot_20171023-140906.png

2. AxelCloris Administrator
    Thanks for the report @canthearyou, we're looking into this.

To add some clarification, this is not something Head-Fi has chosen to allow on the site. These types of ads are not approved and we are hunting for their source so we can block them permanently.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  3. joe Administrator
    Thank you, @canthearyou for your report on this.

If you see this again, can you copy the URL of the pop-up and PM it to me? It will aid us in getting these taken care of.

4. canthearyou
    Will do.

5. canthearyou
  6. canthearyou
    I think it's my phone. I got the same ad on a different site.

7. joe Administrator
    I'd definitely clear your cache and cookies on your phone to see if that might help.

8. canthearyou
    I'm still getting the ads. I cannot get a pop-up to happen on any other site if I do not have a Head-Fi page open in browser.

9. joe Administrator
    If you can send me the clickthrough URL and a screenshot, it would be helpful to getting these taken care of.

Thanks in advance!

10. canthearyou
  11. canthearyou
    I can assure you 100% I have never been to an adult website on this device.

12. canthearyou
    Screenshot_20171101-090648.png Screenshot_20171101-090624.png

13. canthearyou
    I'm using Chrome on Android 7.0

14. joe Administrator
    @canthearyou - Thanks for your report. If you see something like this again, please PM me the details as you have here, and I'll investigate.

15. canthearyou
    I just got that one a few mins ago. I ran Lookout security and it found nothing.

Next

Last