getting more volume out of my laptop
Jul 15, 2008 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

unseen

100+ Head-Fier
without an amp?

i do a fair bit of travelling. use portapros through my laptop on the plane not for music but movies and such, will most likely switch portas to hd25s soon but i imagine i'll have the same problem. just not enough volume through the headphone jack. i'm hoping for an easy fix without an amp only because it's already tight enough space as it is. are there any settings i could possibly tweak to up the sound even if it makes sound quality a bit worse? i just want to hear what i'm watching without having to put subtitles on.

i'm on a hp dv6000 with vista for reference.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 10
Get a USB Soundcard..

If u dont wanna spend money then use MP3 Gain software...it will PreAmp the sound of your files to make them sound louder...but that will also make the flaws & distortion come out in some songs.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 10
money isn't an object, it's simplicity. i don't want a usb anything plugged in when i'm tightly squeezed in the corner of an airplane. distortion also isn't a concern as this is strictly for tv/movies. wouldn't be that noticeable.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 10
What media player do u use on your laptop? iTunes?

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by unseen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can itunes run video? i use winamp but winamp media player vlc it doesn't matter

Yes, it does play video as well.

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest you use Windows Media Player Classic, I consider it the best video player with the most support for different video formats and high customization.

Media Player Classic is very nice. Plays almost everything. Much better than the newer ones.
Anyways, VLC for me.

Jul 16, 2008 at 9:19 AM Post #10 of 10
I use MPC with CCCP installed and VLC as backup. You might want to change out the CoreAVC versionif your system can't handle H264 too well though. Of course, we're getting off topic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back