Getting more Bass out of GR07's
Oct 10, 2012 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

myxf87

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I have recently purchased some Vsonic GR07's and so far I like the way that they sound. The only think is that I wish there was more bass as I listen to electronic music. So my question is, would connecting them to a amplifier like the Fiio E6 or digiZoid ZO2.3 get the results that I am after as they an inbuilt eq? Also when connecting to an amplifier will I lose sound quality?

Also I play all my music through my iphone.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 10
[size=10pt]Thanks for the help. Yeah I would not be double amping as I would use the iphone line out. Would you recommend to Fiio product over digizoid products? There is a lot of mixed review about the ZO2 it does seem a bit [/size]gimmicky, is it actually a good quality product?

[size=10pt]I am leaning towards the ZO2 atm because I am looking for stronger bass, however the Fiio products seem to be a more professional product compared to digizoid. So is the eq on the Fiio products better quality?[/size]

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 10
im not relly an expert on this as i havent gotten my zo2 yet
i think the fiio would give you a cleaner sound, while the zo gives more 'fun' with stronger adjustable bass boost
i plan to use a zo for the portability- super thin

i say get the fiio especially if you dont have an amp for your computer
so you can use it for your iphone and computer

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 10
Have you tried installing the EQ apps on your iphone such as SonicMax Pro and Equalizer? They will allow you to boost just the low end. Your phone has plenty of power for GR07 so an amp is not really needed, bass boosts on Fiio's amps are a little overated imo and muddy up the signal. Try the apps I mentioned first.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Have you tried installing the EQ apps on your iphone such as SonicMax Pro and Equalizer? They will allow you to boost just the low end. Your phone has plenty of power for GR07 so an amp is not really needed, bass boosts on Fiio's amps are a little overated imo and muddy up the signal. Try the apps I mentioned first.

I have tried a few different eq applications, the only issue is that I stream a lot of my music, and with all of the eq apps that I have tried they can only eq music from your library and not music that you have streamed off the net. It does seem like a bit of over kill getting an amp for my GR07’s as the iphone has enough power to run them. What I’m after is a way to eq all of the music from my library as well as the music that I stream and at this point it seems like getting an amp may be the only option.

I just downloaded the SonicMax Pro app and really like it, it makes my music sound way better. If there was only a way that I could use it for all the music that I stream aswell.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 10
I have tried a few different eq applications, the only issue is that I stream a lot of my music, and with all of the eq apps that I have tried they can only eq music from your library and not music that you have streamed off the net. It does seem like a bit of over kill getting an amp for my GR07’s as the iphone has enough power to run them. What I’m after is a way to eq all of the music from my library as well as the music that I stream and at this point it seems like getting an amp may be the only option.

I just downloaded the SonicMax Pro app and really like it, it makes my music sound way better. If there was only a way that I could use it for all the music that I stream aswell.

Yeah ok, I see what you mean. It looks like an amp is your only real option then, which you choose is entirely up to you. Remembering that when using an amp such as Fiio E11 or E6, the amps will pick up interference from your phone, you get buzzing and beeping noises through the signal. The only way to prevent this is switching your phone into Airplane mode. Whether or not that stops you being able to then stream aswell I'm not sure? Something to think about anyway.

Edit: I did some reading up on this and apparently you can still use wifi and bluetooth in Airplane mode.

I don't have an iphone myself so I just had to check on that for you.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Yeah ok, I see what you mean. It looks like an amp is your only real option then, which you choose is entirely up to you. Remembering that when using an amp such as Fiio E11 or E6, the amps will pick up interference from your phone, you get buzzing and beeping noises through the signal. The only way to prevent this is switching your phone into Airplane mode. Whether or not that stops you being able to then stream aswell I'm not sure? Something to think about anyway.
Edit: I did some reading up on this and apparently you can still use wifi and bluetooth in Airplane mode.
I don't have an iphone myself so I just had to check on that for you.

[size=10pt]Yeah I will need to decide getting an amp is worth it especially if I am going to get interference from the phone. I might go and test a few out first before I commit to buying one. Thanks a lot for all your help.[/size]

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

[size=10pt]Yeah I will need to decide getting an amp is worth it especially if I am going to get interference from the phone. I might go and test a few out first before I commit to buying one. Thanks a lot for all your help.[/size]

theres been quite a few reviews out there on the fiio e17 and e11 and they have none or next to no hissing , even laying on top of a phone with wifi
the zo2 has a bit more hiss but its been said that its not too bad

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #10 of 10
theres been quite a few reviews out there on the fiio e17 and e11 and they have none or next to no hissing , even laying on top of a phone with wifi
the zo2 has a bit more hiss but its been said that its not too bad

We're not talking about hiss, we're talking about cell phone interference. Those annoying beeps you hear when your cell phone gets too close to the baby monitor etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back